• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trip to Tyler, TX area

magictenor1

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I will be on a family vacation at the end of June on Lake Palestine just southwest of Tyler. I will try to play at least once that week. It looks like I have Ut Tyler, the Roc, and 2 at Lindsey Park to choose from. I think they are all rated about 3 so any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

Both Lindsey courses for sure...and the back 9 of UT Tyler. Let me know when and I might can make it

Lindsey Park is a good course...2 18 holers back to back. Try to find a map first if you can, navigation is tricky. I haven't played the Rock, but I was told when I was in that area that it was a good course too.

The roc is ok just depends on how much time you have

I might get 1 entire day to play so it's possible I might hit more than one. My dates are June 27th to July 1st. Not sure which day I will actually play. will depend on the family and some other factors. It would be great to have someone show me the course(s)

Weve done all 4 in a day so no big deal.

Are there any locals out that that would like to play one day betwen June 27th and July 1st? I have a travel tag I would like to swap also. I would like to play all day one of those days. It's a family vacation so I will probably only get to play for one day.

I've played the Lindsey courses, and had a blast. I played in a group of three and it took us pretty much most of the day. A map would be a good idea, and extra water. Also watch your head for falling tree limbs.. Saw a big one crash on a tee box that we played a couple holes before.

It appears that there are no site members who actually live in the Tyler area. It looks like tuesday will be the day I play. still not sure which courses. It sounds like you need a map for most of them.

My brother and I played on the 30th and played both Lindsey courses and The Roc twice each for 108 total holes. Great day although kind of hot as usual. Lindsey is getting another 18 and will be 54 holes very soon. Baskets were in the ground and tees were in process. It is behind the other 2 courses back in the woods as far as I could tell.

it isnt hard to play all four in one day...there is actually 5 now because lindsey has a 3rd course, the gold course...i dont think it has teebox's or signs yet though, well it didnt last time i was there like 3 weeks ago so it would have been near impossible to navigate since i didnt know where i was going...my favorite there is the roc though it has a wide variety of holes and a couple really interesting ones with 2 that you can easily toss a disc away to the fish. the UT tyler course is fun but the front 9 are like too easy if you play the short tees so i would stick to the long. if you finish the front nine you have to cross the street then there are like 2 in the trees then you have to cross a huge parking lot to get to the rest of the holes. i always hear people say they cant find them, its in the far corner of the parking lot towards what i am told is a dorm, also towards the baseball field....the lindsey park courses are longer and very open to sun which is a bummer on these 100+ degree days but i would definatly get both the red and blue course in if you have time cause they are pretty different from one another and both are pretty nice courses.