• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Turning Disc Over

yea i know it, ever since that crazy series with us. Ole Miss will probly makes it to the super regionals then choke again so its ok.

haha no! do yall think I could just use a Boss because i think its just that the disc im throwing are too stable or ubderstable

Well it depends for a Boss on how much you are putting on the disc - Speed 13 discs' flight patterns can be misleading if you underpower them.

I'd start with a Firebird, Starfire, or Predator. Those are popular sidearm discs that are *slightly* slower - work up to an XCal, Teerex, or Flick.

If you keep throwing really stable plastic, you're just going to counter your OAT with stable plastic and end up making it worse, or you'll just continue to throw with bad form. Throw SLOW, under stable disc and fix your form. Or keep throwing really stable, champion/Z or Star/ESP and don't fix your form, it's that simple. When you throw under stable disc and can make them fly straighter, (not counting their intended turn due to under stability) then you'll have successfully fixed your OAT. Focus on keeping your arm on the same plane, and keep your wrist on the same angles, (Hyzer, or flat) with nose down and you'll fix your OAT.

I have my teebird and stalker flying straight now. I bought a flx surge ss and a z predator. I am loving these discs and I am trying to work up to a Boss. I think i am almost there.

As others have mentioned, and something that has been working for me of late is throwing some rounds with only my Buzzz and a putter or two. This has really helped me work on my form, dialing it down a little instead of trying to muscle all my discs, and focusing on "the hit" rather than arm speed on the pull-through. Shortening my reach-back when throwing midranges and putters has really helped as well. All of these things are essentially form-related, and throwing rounds with your midranges and putters will really help with technique, control, and eventually distance with your bigger bombers. I've definitely seen massive improvements in my game once i started throwing for control and accurancy with buzzzes and putters after starting to over-muscle, roll my wrist, and turn most of my discs into the ground, bad habits I picked up once I started thinking I could throw my most overstable discs too early. Try a few rounds with just putters and midranges and you will notice vast improvements.
Cheers,
mudstar

Or you could be creating off axis torque by trying to throw it too hard. I went through this and had to back off and let the disc do the work. I still turn over discs, but not nearly as bad as it was.

Fixed it for you.

One more ROLL TIDE for this thread :D

I've taken a lot off my throws lately and solved a lot of issues; accuracy, hitting lines short and long, control, etc. Its reallllly hard to let off, but it WORKS!
Remember the old KISS acronym, Keep It Simple, Stupid. Less pull-back, less torso torqueing, etc. I agree with the previous post that mentioned playing a few rounds with just putters and a mid or two.