• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Understable mid range.

Fuse is a good one for this and have used it before. Currently I am bagging a beat up M4 for this slot.

Are you looking for it to land to the right? Maybe a Kite or a Stratus? I don't know if those are stable enough to hit 320 though. Have you tried a DX Leopard?

I'm pretty sure a x Stratus would work well for late fade shots at 320 actually, more so than a kite.

I have an old first run Stingray CE I was using for years. I just found out it was worth money so I retired it. I replaced it with a Gold Flying Squirrel. Both fly very similarly, but have a very different feel in your hand. Still getting use to the Flying Squirrel, but I think it'll fit the slot nicely. I'd recommend either one.

Aren't Comets suppose to be somewhat straight at 320 feet when thrown with clean form? I have one and it tends to go right... but I don't have clean form.

Eh, it takes very clean form to throw a Comet straight that far, it's an understable mid for most of us mortals.

Stratuses be flippy!!!

The only way i have been able to make this hyzer flip to flat and still have the disc turn a little at the very end possible was with my Legacy Ghost in Gravity plastic.. They beat in quickly and once you beat them in they are the definition of what you want.

This is why i love base plastics so much, you can do some interesting things with beat in base plastic :)

If you have decent form an throw a comet on a hyzer flip line (depending on plastic) it will fly straight as an arrow. If you throw it with just a slight hyzer it will pop up flat then turn slow after about 150'. Its a thing of beauty. I throw mine FH though so maybe its just me :p

A Squall is very similar to a Leopard, but just a tick slower. They start out mostly straight, but become turnover discs quickly. My favorite understable mid, to date.

Tangent is a rock solid option at the understable slot, can hit a multitude of lines, and doesn't have the sneaky glide that the X-Comet does. The tangent also an hit long distances, and specializes in woods, the late turnover can be achieved after some working in.
Another great option would be to get a goldline fuse, not as touchy as the X-Comet (great form fixer, not great for competitive rounds or consistent flights) just as good if not better glide and distance potential, and the rim feels wonderful. Its an outstanding hyzerflipper, and given a little less hyzer will turnover late.
BTW the US mid slot is one of the most utilized discs in my bag, they are $$$$. I keep a tangent for wooded tight fairways, and the GL fuse for open shots. Great discs!

Last edited:
I throw a classic Fugitive in this spot. The rim feels a lot like my Truth, so I feel more comfortable throwing it over other molds.

I have a beat up dx roc from my dads bag that I could try. If that doesn't work I may try something slightly understable. To me at 320 a slightly understable mid will turn alot. I have a beat wizard I throw for 250 and down turnovers but need something in between leo and wiz.

I would say ESP Meteor. Or, a Champion Cobra if you can find one.

Fuse is perfect for that shot I would think. A max weight GL maybe.

z meteor all day. couldnt live with out it. has such a fast but smooth hyzerflip. will hold an anny with ease. it is kind of a fast mid though. comet is was more glidey and slower if your into that

Who has thrown meteor and tursas? Are mvps mids consistent like there other discs? I threw the vector and was not impressed. But it wasn't flat like every other mvp discuss I've tjrown