• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

understable midrange: what's in your bag?

i haven't heard any love for the sparkle aftershock, it gives a right or straight finish for me everytime

Heavy ESP Comet, no doubt about. It will never come out of my bag.
If you prefer Innova I would say give the star skeeter a try. You dont hear to much about them, but Ive thrown a few and I think they are very comfortable.

i have a 2 year beaten Z buzzz that if i throw with a power grip, it will flip up if thrown hyzer and if thrown flat, will slowly turn to the right. it took quite a bit of tuning (aka hitting trees over and over) but it was totally worth it. i can make this disc do anything i want just by changing the grip

another recommendation for the Meteor! I would go as heavy as you can find (mine is 178g I believe). It's capable of some very nice hyzer-flips.

I second the Stingray suggestion. Personally like it in Star, but it does exactly what you are asking for right out the box.

another fuse vote here, they are just amazing in every way shape and form - knocked buzzz's out of my bag (which were there for 3+ years). and to the OP, a new and slightly beat kite are two completely different creatures. i used to throw them, and loved them while i did, but eventually outgrew the few i had. if you get a kite like you mentioned, try a dx first. that way if you regret your purchase you save yourself some money

I would say The Comet. It has amazing glide and will do whatever you want it too. Some people might not like the feel of it. But I do.

Fuse. I think it's my favorite mid-range ever. Hardly any fade (if any at all) on straight line shots and holds the anny line for days.

I'm also a Stingray fan, I carry a Star Ontario and a Star San Marino in the bag as well but they are both slightly more stable than the Fuse.

Fuse is a great disc from latitude. Has a ton of glide. Holds lines great. It takes some practise to throw this disc but its amazing once you get it.
:thmbup:
Got mine a few week ago. Great looking and flies so straight. 176g so it holds the line in the wind.