• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Unique Tee Signs

A 4'x8' sheet of 1/8" PVC sheet is roughly $100. That gives you 32 1'x1' pieces at $3 a piece. The ones pictured were said to be thicker and that would make them more expensive but if you aren't worried about screwing through the front they are pretty cheap. And its basically $100 per 1/8" thickness so $200 for 1/4" etc.

Yes those signs were made from PVC that was 1/2" thick at least, and the signs are roughly 11x17" (give or take an inch on the edges) but this is by no means a needed size or thickness. The printing could probably be applied to a cheaper material as well, but I'm certainly no expert on that.

Last edited:
My question is for the signs that have washers that designate pin locations: I've noticed that on some of the courses that I play, either the washer wasn't changed when the course knowingly change the basket position or some other golfers changed it. How can this be minimized? A see through plastic lock box around the washer would be my suggestion, but that requires $$$. Any other ideas?

To prevent mischievous changing of the signs, you could use a small padlock, or a bolt with an unusual screw head type.

If the person who changes the baskets isn't changing the signs at the same time, talk to him about it. ;)

screwtypes.jpg

Last edited:
"Ghosting" the aerial image ??

We haven't got these up yet, but we sort of started with the google earth aerial image and as a guide to place the trees and roads and features. Original intent was to delete the google earth pic afterward. At some point, we decided to just leave the aerial picture but 'ghost' it behind the feature objects. I think we're going forward with this. Anyway, I hadn't seen this before.

Attachments

• LizPeak Sign9.jpg
    LizPeak Sign9.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 106

We haven't got these up yet, but we sort of started with the google earth aerial image and as a guide to place the trees and roads and features. Original intent was to delete the google earth pic afterward. At some point, we decided to just leave the aerial picture but 'ghost' it behind the feature objects. I think we're going forward with this. Anyway, I hadn't seen this before.

Nice. I like the idea. The 2012 Charlotte Pro and Am Worlds Caddy Book had something similar - a ghost image of the whole park with the course map called out. Individual hole maps with distances, par, and OB info included. I thought the overall course map ghosting was a nice touch, though I wish it hadn't been "overghosted." You could hardly see it, but it was there. I think it's a nice idea for using course landmarks (playgrounds, buildings, other amenities) to find holes.

Yep. When we added graphic features for roads and rocks, it got cartoony. When we just left the ghost image on it was much easier to get a feel for the landmarks. I'm just hoping that over time the ghost image doesn't fade in sun (our sign vendor says they're UV, but I think only guaranteed 5 years).

I really like this. How did you determine which trees and features to highlight? I assume they are the ones most relevant to most lines?

This is much easier for us in high desert. We don't have a lot of trees to start so it's pretty much all along the lines of play. Added a couple rock outcrops that are visible. Really helped with the old dirt roads (former BLM land) that looked bad when drawn in but are nice ghosted.

Might not lend itself well to a more wooded course where the aerial is very cluttered.

Here are the sign posts we just put in at woodland creek park.
And the signs to go on them when finished.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1424827277953-1-1.jpg
    FB_IMG_1424827277953-1-1.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 62
  • FB_IMG_1424827267687.jpg
    FB_IMG_1424827267687.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 61

Latest posts