• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"UNOFFICAL" Disc Golf Lingo

Half way between a roller and an air shot-"tweener"
Shot that is too low to the ground that digs in shortly after release-"worm-burner"

I personally call anyone who has a short drive "little meat". lol. Or if someone has a huge drive they are big dick daddy.

Mine derive from my ball golf background.

A1- (perfectly placed drive) (Q7- not so much)
Sit or Bite
Get Up or Get Legs
Find It- (said mid-air, usually an upshot or approach that looks like it has a chance of going in)
High five- a shot that either sneaks through a bunch of tries or just knicks one and gets through
Local Route- a shot that is through an alley that is hard to see often an OH that most people don't think to do. Also, if you throw a bad shot that somehow sneaks through and turns out well.

Anybody have a phrase for a shot that accidentally turns into a roller but ends up well?

Mine derive from my ball golf background.

A1- (perfectly placed drive) (Q7- not so much)
Sit or Bite
Get Up or Get Legs
Find It- (said mid-air, usually an upshot or approach that looks like it has a chance of going in)
High five- a shot that either sneaks through a bunch of tries or just knicks one and gets through
Local Route- a shot that is through an alley that is hard to see often an OH that most people don't think to do. Also, if you throw a bad shot that somehow sneaks through and turns out well.

Anybody have a phrase for a shot that accidentally turns into a roller but ends up well?

Instead of A1 I have heard just, "Sauce" said. I also say bite and sit down which must have come from my ball golf days :D.

Instead of A1 I have heard just, "Sauce" said. I also say bite and sit down which must have come from my ball golf days :D.

Yea, I'm pretty sure it comes from A1 steak sauce. But, my ball golf team in high school had a system for every spot on a hole (usually only par 4's or 5's). Generally, the length was letters and distance from center fairway was numbers. It would change if, for example, the optimal spot was to be on the left or right side of the fairway. Q7 was for when you snap-hooked one that went further right than far. Hahah.

Douche = Deuce

When I get one, I tell my friends "I try and get these to keep my one and only sponsor happy".

SummersEveLogo.gif

Sorry ladies.

Like a boss- when someone throws a good shot with a Boss
Get heavy- when it needs to fade out quickly
Boom- huge putt hit
Got it- know the shot is going in
Flip- when it needs to flip
Flex out- when it needs to flex out

This wouldn't be considered lingo, but something we do is if you make a make a birdie with the disc you drove with, it is said disc birdie.
Ex.- I threw a Polecat, made the putt with the Polecat. It is a Polecat birdie.

I actually missed last cash at my first Advanced tournament because we were on the last hole and I threw a Wedge. It was about 20 feet out and I need to birdie to beat the other guy by 1, and I stupidly used the wedge. :doh:

^ a birdie is a birdie...makes no difference to me what I throw to get it.

left a little meat on that bone-

An upshot left short

DGT

Money- In air about to smack chains
MDS- Multiple Disc Syndrome, someone who insists on throwing a "practice" shot on most holes
Niced em- Saying nice shot right before his/her disc hits a tree
Tree love- Self explanatory
Get some- Same as money
Pro path- Normally someone who throws a bad shot but somehow it turns out well, sometimes just taking the more difficult route.

"Bogey 3," missing your 2 from inside the circle.
"Edina style," meaning a throw nose up.
"Arby's 5 for 5," getting 5 birdies in a row.
"Hit a house," needing the disc to hit something before going to far.
"Get Greasy," self-explainatory

"Bogey 3," missing your 2 from inside the circle.
"Edina style," meaning a throw nose up.
"Arby's 5 for 5," getting 5 birdies in a row.
"Hit a house," needing the disc to hit something before going to far.
"Get Greasy," self-explainatory
:clap:

"Lumberjack" hitting a branch and taking one down

If you're throwing a pink disc and go for a hole in one we call it "going for one in ..."... Maybe that's a bit too aggressive.:eek: You can figure out how it ends.

Latest posts