• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"UNOFFICAL" Disc Golf Lingo

Don't nice me bro, after someone nice's you and your shot turns bad.

Coming in hot, for shots coming in to fast

Yell "ANGELINA" as in Angelina Jolie if your disc accidentally starts heading towards a gap between two trees and you need it to get skinny.

Plinko is when you throw your disc and it gets caught up in the branches of a tree directly above or next to the basket. I've actually seen someone hole it after playing plinko.

Anybody have a phrase for a shot that accidentally turns into a roller but ends up well?

Holy Roller

Also:
Holy Diver - A spike hyzer that is coming down at a knifing angle. (Edit: has to be sung like DIO)
Kamikaze! - Yelled while a Nose up disc is stalling, right before it makes its descent.

Here's an older thread that includes some really funny ones:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...read.php?t=282

My personal favorite...
Tickling the chains - When a shot hits the chains but does not go in.:D

Tree-jected - a shot and getting a bad bounce off a tree
Tree-surected - getting a good bounce off a tree back into the fairway
Tree-dini - hitting the same tree on a hole, no matter how hard you try to stay away from it.
A Monica Lowinski - hitting the top side of the lower basket (followed by a fellow golfer saying "all lip no hole!"
A 360 drive - a Ballerina
A drive into the ground - "(the type of disc) to ass down" eg: "destroyer to ass down"
Just missing the basket on an up shot "Negative Ghostrider The Patten is Full" (Top Gun)

What do people call it when someone in your group want to take a second shot off the tee (that doesn't count) just to see "what would have happened" if they used a different disc?

A mulligan. If everyone has a bad first shot, we just pretend like no one has thrown on the hole yet :hfive:

You guys are weird, we just yell at our discs and call them terrible names at the top of our lungs

Actually, some guys here say "get hard" when they are praying for a drive to flex out or just fade in general

But mostly its calling the disc a bitch or a whore and to get in the hole or not hit (insert obstacle here)

lucky shot through tiny gap- greasy and/or local route.
Doesn't flatten from an anny and roll's- cut roller
ace line that hits pole- pole molester
the guy who always plays from his second shot- shinanegan scoring
easy putt that comes up short - ask "does your husband play too?" considering the person who missed is a guy.

"Work" this is wat I say when I need a disc to move left to right or right to left.

"get slutty"
"its got eyes" for a shot that shouldn't have had a chance to come close.
"Take the V card"
"Taco-ed"

The lingo gets a little more profane as the BAC goes up but these usually come about 3 holes in.

"Tracking" when a disc has a nice line going towards the basket
"AHHHH! I must have tripped on my t-pon string" comming up short on a short put
"Shhh-rubberyyyyy!" (Monty Python) - going deep into the woods off line

We call the yellow band on innova chains "Chastity Belts"

"Put some windex on it" Skipped Disc
"Good Dog" -A Put that sticks on the pin
A "Triple-Option Disc" is a disc that is an excellent good back hand hyzer/anny/long range roller disc (at least thats what me and my GSU (the real one) buddies call them)
"Squirrel" is a loose/bad roller

Roll over on your belly= you want the disc to turn over (Nate Kellar special).
Course Maintenance= Your drive breaks off a tree branch during flight.
Worm burner= drive that is very low or goes into the ground right after you throw it.
Herk & Jerk= OAT (off axis torque)

Latest posts