• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

i never even left the house with this config. i was just testing the limits. there are discs that may get pulled out once in 5 rounds that was my thought for those two inside pockets.

Someone has to do the testing :thmbup:

Good thing I didn't know they were there earlier, or I may have tried to put a couple discs down there. I'll probably do what you did, just try it at home and see how it goes. In my head, it seems discs in those slots would kind of help stretch the big enclave where stuff can be stored (like a very small cooler or clothes) and make it easier to access. But, I guess making any disc load bearing would be a bad idea. That must be where one puts all of their Grooves :D Thanks for the input Glass.

Someone has to do the testing :thmbup:

Good thing I didn't know they were there earlier, or I may have tried to put a couple discs down there. I'll probably do what you did, just try it at home and see how it goes. In my head, it seems discs in those slots would kind of help stretch the big enclave where stuff can be stored (like a very small cooler or clothes) and make it easier to access. But, I guess making any disc load bearing would be a bad idea. That must be where one puts all of their Grooves :D Thanks for the input Glass.

it did add some form to the bag and helped it to sit up taller if you will. that was also my thought of carrying discs in those pockets. but there is no need really. i got 17 on there and I'm good with that count for longer rounds or courses that need my big bag.

I've had my new Rebel a little better than a month now. Lovin' the Poo out of it. I have come across one weird thing. I live in Arizona now and it is Summer. I am lucky to get in a round without it being 100 degrees outside. I sweat! But, I have noticed, when I sweat and the padding on the back of the pack gets wet, it puts off a Foul plastic/foam smell. Not a sweaty, musty smell, but like hot plastic, or foam.... I hit it with Febreze after every round now and that seems to tame it, but it still shines through if it gets really wet. Anyone else? Suggestions? Thanks! :)

Just want to take the opportunity to once again praise upd for their excellent customer service. top notch.

I just pulled the trigger on a Shift. Thanks to everyone for all the great reviews and pictures. It really helped. :thmbup:

I just pulled the trigger on a Shift. Thanks to everyone for all the great reviews and pictures. It really helped. :thmbup:

Awesome! I'm loving mine more every day. Also, being a single dad, I frequently empty the discs and use my Shift as a backpack for hiking/parades/festivals/etc. Thanks UPD for making great bags!

So I'm finally ready to snag myself a Shift bag to add with my Focus :) Would anybody happen to have a 2.0 upgrade code I could use? I have an upgrade for a Focus I can pass along. If anybody needs it send me a PM.

Awesome! I'm loving mine more every day. Also, being a single dad, I frequently empty the discs and use my Shift as a backpack for hiking/parades/festivals/etc. Thanks UPD for making great bags!

That's a great idea that I haven't thought of. My camelbak is really small and I only use it for Mt. biking, and my Kelty hiking pack is way to big for day trips. I'm definitely looking forward to using it for some multi-purpose stuff.

PSA: Do not overload your shift with water/ drinks. This will be the main reason your shoulder straps rip or come apart. I don't carry many discs but I do carry over 72 Oz of water/gatorade combined. Shoulder strap gave out finally on my v2 shift. I will be extra light on my v3 shift.

I'm considering a Focus for the girlfriend's birthday. She's rather small at 5' and only uses about 4-6 discs, but I'd like a bit of extra room in case that increases. Any thoughts on how this would fit?

Oh, and if anyone has a discount code to share I would really appreciate it!
Thanks

I'm considering a Focus for the girlfriend's birthday. She's rather small at 5' and only uses about 4-6 discs, but I'd like a bit of extra room in case that increases. Any thoughts on how this would fit?

Oh, and if anyone has a discount code to share I would really appreciate it!
Thanks

Or maybe the shift. I think she would prefer the drink holder over a hydration pouch. Hmm.

Sorry for so many posts.
Are the waist straps annoying if you don't buckle that strap? I can't see her using those very often.

I don't buckle the waste strap on my Focus. It doesn't get in the way. I use the pockets in the strap to put my phone, keys, wallet and mini marker. I carry 8-10 discs in my bag. If you use a camel bak 8 is probably the max # of discs.

Dude. Get her a Shift. It is a much more versatile backpack and a water bottle holder is better than a bladder. The waist is fine unbuckled. You'll agree you made the right decision once you get it.

Does anyone have a picture of the Shift being worn? My wife wants a backpack since her crunch is breaking down but her main concern is the physical size of the bag. She only really carries around 12 discs and minimal other gear. My A14 is much too big for her and so far we've been looking at the C14 and Shift. Only problem is that it's very hard to tell how big the bag is since it has a pretty unique configuration and I've only seen pictures of it by itself, not on the back of a small to medium sized human.

I don't buckle the waste strap on my Focus. It doesn't get in the way. I use the pockets in the strap to put my phone, keys, wallet and mini marker. I carry 8-10 discs in my bag. If you use a camel bak 8 is probably the max # of discs.

The current model shift is made so you can remove the buckle. You still have the little pockets, but not the strap & buckle.

Latest posts