• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

Yes. I love it for quick casual rounds and for travel. Besides the drink holder which ripped the first go around :wall:

Yep. I mentioned this to Jon on the first "preview design". He assured me that this was a new mesh that would hold up. I disagreed :(. Otherwise, I would have ordered one for my wife, but I just knew that mesh drink holder was going to be an issue, just like on the V1 shift I had - where it blew out in about a week of use.

Just say NO to mesh drink holders!! :D

Yes. I love it for quick casual rounds and for travel. Besides the drink holder which ripped the first go around :wall:

Oh geez. Well the good news is that out of all the ones we have sold, no one else has reported a mesh problem.

Submit a support ticket (upperparkdesigns.freshdesk.com) and I'll ship you out a new one.

Oh geez. Well the good news is that out of all the ones we have sold, no one else has reported a mesh problem.

Submit a support ticket (upperparkdesigns.freshdesk.com) and I'll ship you out a new one.

Any word on when the Pinch will be available? And do you have any more pics of it?

Has anyone tried to fit a superclass disc inside the Draw? I was thinking of getting one for Polecat, Zephyr and Condor rounds.

Has anyone tried to fit a superclass disc inside the Draw? I was thinking of getting one for Polecat, Zephyr and Condor rounds.

Just tried the Zephyr, it fins just fine. I was able to fit the Zephyr plus 6 - 8 normal sized disc

Woohoooooo!!!!!! I have been looking at a Shift for about 7 months, waiting for Black Friday to roll around, and then we were broke so I thought well crap, no Shift for me this year. Found a box on my porch tonight, and my mother-in-law went in with my wife to make my birthday and Christmas a disc golf celebration!

My new v. 5 Blue Shift and a Discraft mystery 10 pack! I tried taking pictures, but I am not wise enough to figure out how to upload them. I just really really want to play some disc golf right now!!!!

Sorry for the ramble, really excited!

(Side note here, do I need to register my shift or anything? I know the customer service is awesome, just wasn't sure if I needed to register or something to get access to it?)

I submitted a ticket. You guys are the best. :D I probably just got a bad one!

The Shift I ordered just arrived yesterday! Shipping was crazy fast, the bag is super comfortable, and it feels like I'm carrying nothing at all... like nothing at all...nothing at all. A big thanks goes out to all the people who provided enough information on this thread for me to make an informed decision, you the real MVP. First UPD bag in Japan!

The Shift I ordered just arrived yesterday! Shipping was crazy fast, the bag is super comfortable, and it feels like I'm carrying nothing at all... like nothing at all...nothing at all. A big thanks goes out to all the people who provided enough information on this thread for me to make an informed decision, you the real MVP. First UPD bag in Japan!
Ha! Stupid sexy Flanders :D

Luckily, UPD has excellent support. I'm sure a quick email will resolve any issue. Jon's the freakin' dude.

Of course, coz Jon's the best! Besides making the best bags in the game, UPD's customer service is really above and beyond.

Boom.

I submitted a ticket. You guys are the best. :D I probably just got a bad one!

I hope so!! :thmbup:

I just wanted to say that Upper Park fixed my issue swiftly once I submitted a support ticket! No regrets in buying from them.

Wanting to upgrade to a backpack from my Innova Deluxe. The Rebel looks amazing.

Got a couple of questions for any V4 owners out there.

1. Can anyone comment on stuffing a sweatshirt/jacket in the side pockets? I know they were expanded on this version.
2. Are there mini pencil pockets on this thing? Looks like the pencil/marker pockets on the front corners might be a little too deep for your typical golf pencil.

Small things, I know, but just trying to get all the info I can before buying.

Wanting to upgrade to a backpack from my Innova Deluxe. The Rebel looks amazing.

Got a couple of questions for any V4 owners out there.

1. Can anyone comment on stuffing a sweatshirt/jacket in the side pockets? I know they were expanded on this version.
2. Are there mini pencil pockets on this thing? Looks like the pencil/marker pockets on the front corners might be a little too deep for your typical golf pencil.

Small things, I know, but just trying to get all the info I can before buying.

I just recently got my V4 Rebel and I am able to fit a hoodie or light jacket(rain jacket) in the side pockets. I suppose you might be able to fit a thicker jacket in, but it would be tight and require some work to get in.

The front pencil holder is a little too deep for a typical golf pencil, but there are other spots to store them in the bag.

It's a really great bag. The more I use it, the more I like it. It holds a lot of discs, but doesnt have to be loaded up. The side pockets offer good amounts of storage and it seems very well built. I'll be looking to get a Shift at some point down the road, just based on how impressed I am with the Rebel. Hope that helps

One of my buddies has a V2 Rebel and even before side pocket expansion, he could fit a hoodie in the side. He's a bigger guy, prolly at least a 2XL hoodie. It was tight, but it fit. With double the room, I cannot see any issues.

I use a Shift and while the pencil holders are deep for a golf pencil, they're fairly snug, so I rarely have to fish for it too much. I actually carry an extra pencil in the Mini pocket on top for ease of reach and even though I have it up there for casual rounds, leagues, and tourneys - playing 5-8 rounds every week - I've still only had it fall out once this year. Having it up top makes it super easy to grab while the bag is on the ground without having to bend down too much.

Thanks Eric. Glad to hear I can stash a light jacket for those early morning rounds.

Using the mini pocket for the pencil is a great idea. Puts it up high right where you need it.

Thanks!

I'm going to order a v3 rebel, to put in a zuca backpack cart, this weekend. I really need to take some of the wear and tear off my lower body, mainly because I've had so many serious knee issues in the past. I love the shift but since I won't have to worry about carrying extra weight I want to be able to have more storage and disc options. If for whatever reason I don't want to use the cart, the shift is still a great bag to carry.

i love my rebel ...(v2? Or 3) the side pockets dont seem very big but you can hold plenty of stuff. How the bag wears is just so damn comfortable which is the best selling part to me. Going on many rounds of use and bag still looks great.

Once my other smaller bags die i might check out a shift. They seem so neat!