• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

Grip page currently has the C14 rainfly for $19, not sure on shipping cost.

I will almost certainly grab one if the $ is reasonable, but a discount or special color/design available to buyers prior to the inclusion would be kinda cool.

I just got my Shift a couple of weeks ago. I love it so far. It replaced a 12 yr old Innova tourney bag with added Golfpak backpack straps. Amazing how it feels lighter with exactly the same discs & gear stored in it.

Only thing I would like to change is to make the top mini pocket into a putter pocket. But it's a minor issue. The outside pockets work well for my SE Rhynos.

Btw, I got mine from Pluto Sports in TN. Called them & found out they had some in stock. I paid $130, with free shipping. I just lucked into finding their store listing online. Very impressed with their customer support.

Got my first full round in yesterday with my Rebel and I must say, this is a fantastic bag...so far. Very comfortable and light weight. The course I played measures over 8200 feet, so not a short course by any means. I could have easily played another round or two out there with this pack on.

It's still disgustingly cold in Western NY. Used my time indoors to make some new zipper pulls for my Rebel.

Attachments

• 2015-03-23 12.11.29.jpg
    2015-03-23 12.11.29.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 2015-03-23 12.10.20.jpg
    2015-03-23 12.10.20.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 103
Bag Updates and Arrival Dates

Hello all! My partner and I have been in Vietnam for the last few weeks working with our factory. Things are moving along, just a month or so after we expected them to. As a small fish among North Face, Camelbak, and others, sometimes things are a little out of our control.

But bags are being made as we speak - and they look great! We are expecting the shipment to arrive in the states around 5/20/15. We are preparing for preorders now and should open them in the next week or two.

While I've got ya here.. I figured I could take this chance to let you know about the upcoming changes to the Shift and Rebel.

The Focus is pretty much perfected at this point. Any future big changes will simply result in a new product.

The new Shift:
  • Raised up the 3 vertical disc pockets for easier access to the bottom of the bag
  • Rebuilt the shoulder strap attachments for an inseparable seam
  • Added a D-ring to each side of the handle
  • Custom designed black rainfly included (will also be available for current Shift owners - $10) :thmbup:

The new Rebel:
  • Raised up the 3 vertical disc pockets. The bottom vertical pocket is now usable :)clap:)
  • Better spaced shoulder straps for less "pinch" at the neck
  • Increased padding in the side walls to better hold shape when the bag is open
  • Increased feet spacing for even better standability
  • D-ring opposite the umbrella/chair strap
  • Black rainfly

Nothing too major, just tweaks. Id say adding the extra strength to the side walls of the Rebel is the biggest change. It really gives the bag a clean "finished" look at all times.

As always, let me know if you have any questions or comments! Time to get back to work :hfive:

Cheers,
Jon and Hobie

Hello all! My partner and I have been in Vietnam for the last few weeks working with our factory. Things are moving along, just a month or so after we expected them to. As a small fish among North Face, Camelbak, and others, sometimes things are a little out of our control.

But bags are being made as we speak - and they look great! We are expecting the shipment to arrive in the states around 5/20/15. We are preparing for preorders now and should open them in the next week or two.

While I've got ya here.. I figured I could take this chance to let you know about the upcoming changes to the Shift and Rebel.

The Focus is pretty much perfected at this point. Any future big changes will simply result in a new product.

The new Shift:
  • Raised up the 3 vertical disc pockets for easier access to the bottom of the bag
  • Added a D-ring to each side of the handle
  • Custom designed black rainfly included (will also be available for current Shift owners - $10) :thmbup:

The new Rebel:
  • Raised up the 3 vertical disc pockets. The bottom vertical pocket is now usable :)clap:)
  • Black rainfly

Nothing too major, just tweaks. Id say adding the extra strength to the side walls of the Rebel is the biggest change. It really gives the bag a clean "finished" look at all times.

As always, let me know if you have any questions or comments! Time to get back to work :hfive:

Cheers,
Jon and Hobie

Same color options, or will there be any new options?

The new Rebel:
  • Black rainfly
Having purchased the first run Rebel, I'm a bit disappointed to miss out on these great updates, especially the one in bold. However, it is nice to see a great bag get even better. I'm still VERY satisfied with my first run Rebel. Hopefully these updates send sales through the roof! :hfive:

Having purchased the first run Rebel, I'm a bit disappointed to miss out on these great updates, especially the one in bold. However, it is nice to see a great bag get even better. I'm still VERY satisfied with my first run Rebel. Hopefully these updates send sales through the roof! :hfive:

I feel ya...especially since I bought my Rebel three weeks ago :| But still nice to see that you're making improvements to an already great bag.

Upper Park Design you just made my bag buying decision hard again. I was going to get an Ergo 2 because of the small issues with the Rebel, but now that they are going to be fixed I'm leaning toward the Rebel. Why you have to make this so hard!!!!

But on a serious note you guys do make great bags and thank you for being a company that is always trying to improve its product.

Detheos...get the Rebel. I've owned just about every backpack style bag in the pas 13 months and the Rebel takes the cake. With the fixes in the next batch...guaranteed to be a winner.

Same color options, or will there be any new options?

Yup, same color options for this next run. We will be putting better pictures on our website to better detail the exact bag colors. While red has been one of the slower selling colors, we think it's one of the best looking! The website just doesn't do it justice.

I feel ya...especially since I bought my Rebel three weeks ago :| But still nice to see that you're making improvements to an already great bag.

Sadly, we knew this would happen. And we have been trying to come up with a solution! We will be offering all of our current customers a 30% discount to upgrade to the newer version of their bag. We are still working out the details (ie you cannot use the upgrade discount to buy the same version bag), but there will be a page dedicated to this upgrade program on our website. :thmbup: And yes, we will be monitoring upgrades to avoid people gaming the system.

Last edited:
[*]Custom designed black rainfly included (will also be available for current Shift owners - $10) :thmbup:

We will be offering all of our current customers a 30% discount to upgrade to the newer version of their bag. We are still working out the details (ie you cannot use the upgrade discount to buy the same version bag), but there will be a page dedicated to this upgrade program on our website. :thmbup: And yes, we will be monitoring upgrades to avoid people gaming the system.

winning :clap:

Awesome about the discount! And the red does look sweet in person. Got to spend a few minutes with a couple UPD players at a tourney this weekend... Group photo was absolutely necessary. With the customer service I have already experienced and guys like these representing the brand, good things are ahead. Sign me up for the Rebel upgrade.

IMG_20150404_191142764_zpsgl0rjrue.jpg

*Increased padding in the side walls to better hold shape when the bag is open

I think making this adjustment to the shift would help as well since the weight of the discs in the vertical slots tends to make the back side lean forward. My only complaint with the shift bag so far.

*Increased padding in the side walls to better hold shape when the bag is open

I think making this adjustment to the shift would help as well since the weight of the discs in the vertical slots tends to make the back side lean forward. My only complaint with the shift bag so far.
I agree with this as well. Something to stiffen up the Shift sides just a bit would make a big difference. Another thing that would be great is if there was some material or netting or something to tuck the main flap in when its open. It kinda gets in the way a bit in the main compartment and takes up valuable storage space.

All in all though it's a great bag

I've had the shift since it came out on pre-order. It is a high quality bag, for those who don't carry more than 15 discs it is hands down the best bag that is on the market in my opinion in terms of quality, storage, and comfort. I slid back to my ranger though for space reasons and now my shift collects dust. I might pull the trigger on the new rebels if they are anything like the shift in terms of quality(and I am sure that they are)

@UPD -

I purchased a Shift about October, are you saying I could get a 30% discount if I bought the Rebel now (when you receive them)?

I misread that:doh:

Thought it said I COULDN'T get a new shift.