• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

DOES ANYONE IN THIS THREAD OWN A CAMERA?!?! :wall::wall::wall:

:doh::doh::doh:

I was looking for this original post to reply. I honestly do not have any good suggestions to attach a chair to your Shift. My first thought would be the legs into the inside and some kind of velcro through one of the d-rings.

Hopefully someone will have a better answer. :)

Seven: eight if you count the front and rear iPhone cameras separately. Just don't own a stool. (Pass stool every morning thanks to prune juice and bran muffins, but, trust me, you DON'T want to see pictures. :gross: :gross::gross::p)

Here are a couple pics of what I have done in the past. Nothing elegant but it functions great; one leg of the stool stuck down into an outside pocket, and the orange twisty deal is a 12" Nite Ize Gear Tie (super handy for tons of other uses, I use numerous sizes for camping and whatnot).

(edit) sorry for the stupid sideways photos, they were upright on my end.

Attachments

• IMG_8162.jpg
    IMG_8162.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_8163.jpg
    IMG_8163.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 83
Here are a couple pics of what I have done in the past. Nothing elegant but it functions great; one leg of the stool stuck down into an outside pocket, and the orange twisty deal is a 12" Nite Ize Gear Tie (super handy for tons of other uses, I use numerous sizes for camping and whatnot).

(edit) sorry for the stupid sideways photos, they were upright on my end.

Thank you!

So you're actually sticking a leg into the elastic disc compartment... that's the part I wasn't "getting" - I'll have to give this a shot.

Thank you!

So you're actually sticking a leg into the elastic disc compartment... that's the part I wasn't "getting" - I'll have to give this a shot.

You got it. At first I just hung the stool by the gear tie and let it flop around, but that got annoying while walking and I was worried about unnecessary stress on the handle/d-ring stitching so I stuck a leg in the outside elastic pouch and it worked great. Doesn't even really interfere with getting discs into and out of that pocket.

We're working with Vibram on something that may or may not be sling related.. but with how busy Steve Dodge is these days it could take a year to complete.
Iconbanana1.gif

I've already said this before but this is the best bag company going today in DG. Awesome product and customer service.

Will the shift hold a 1,5 liter bottle? It would be around 50 oz. I am just wondering as I am using 50 oz bottles usually when I am out playing. Cause I am trying to talk my wife into getting me one for christmas or birthday gift for the next season.
I don't carry more then 15-17 discs when I am out playing. I you want the diameter of the bottles I am usually using I can probably measure it. :)

Last edited:
Will the shift hold a 1,5 liter bottle? It would be around 50 oz. I am just wondering as I am using 50 oz bottles usually when I am out playing. Cause I am trying to talk my wife into getting me one for christmas or birthday gift for the next season.
I don't carry more then 15-17 discs when I am out playing. I you want the diameter of the bottles I am usually using I can probably measure it. :)

I use a 48 oz. Nalgene in my Shift, it fits perfectly. It is about 3 5/8" in diameter.

Anyone put a shift in a zuca cart yet? Considering getting one but don't want to get a new bag in the slight chance that it doesn't fit.

I've heard that the top-load and side pockets are all-around pretty rough in a Zuca. Which is a bummer, because I want that rolling seat. I think the model with the lifting seat might work pretty well, but the side pockets are still a bit encumbered. :(

I've heard that the top-load and side pockets are all-around pretty rough in a Zuca. Which is a bummer, because I want that rolling seat. I think the model with the lifting seat might work pretty well, but the side pockets are still a bit encumbered. :(

That would be a bummer if it didn't work that well. I guess I can try to find a used commander backpack or a sniper to put in the flip top seat cart? Wondering if I should have just gotten a Rebel over the shift even though I wouldn't want to stuff it full of discs...

Just saw this video and it fits the L64 luxury bag and the Octothorpe just fine...I'd think that the shift would work since it's smaller but still concerned that the side pockets would be too tight on the sides. Thoughts?

Is there any chance that new Draw's front pocket is big enough for an Ultra-Star?

I would absolutely love a bag like that for taking to league ultimate.