• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

Haven't seen much discussion on this, but I wanted to give a positive review of the Draw V2, in case anyone is considering this.

This bag is definitely worth $20, and is great for leaving in the car or for quick rounds. The front pocket fits 4 discs fine, but you may not be able to zip it up if they are all putters. But 3 putters will zip up. The phone and water bottle pockets are the right size to accommodate most types of phones and bottles. There is also a Velcro pocket in the main compartment that fits my keys and wallet. The main compartment is large. I could stack about 15 discs inside, or could fit a couple sweatshirts. My only criticism is that the drawstring doesn't always stay shut and the bag slowly may open throughout play, but this is a minor issue.

Overall, much better than buying any intro level shoulder/starter bag, and can easily be used for things other than disc golf

Haven't seen much discussion on this, but I wanted to give a positive review of the Draw V2, in case anyone is considering this.

This bag is definitely worth $20, and is great for leaving in the car or for quick rounds. The front pocket fits 4 discs fine, but you may not be able to zip it up if they are all putters. But 3 putters will zip up. The phone and water bottle pockets are the right size to accommodate most types of phones and bottles. There is also a Velcro pocket in the main compartment that fits my keys and wallet. The main compartment is large. I could stack about 15 discs inside, or could fit a couple sweatshirts. My only criticism is that the drawstring doesn't always stay shut and the bag slowly may open throughout play, but this is a minor issue.

Overall, much better than buying any intro level shoulder/starter bag, and can easily be used for things other than disc golf

I agree with the last comment use it as a bag for travel by plane etc or as a disc bag for minimal rounds. I see lots of players using a crappier drawstring bag for this purpose or trying to fit the discs into a cheep backpack and this looks even better then those and can even be used as a bag for other purposes, I might even get at least 2 carbine to clip this to a more minimal bag for extra storage during a tournament where it takes a couple hours to get through a round and you need it to possibly store a few things like a light wind rain jacket if a high chance it is going to rain, bonus another bottle holder then if need be. I can see it being very versatile wish for my mom I found this first instead of doing what I did last year for her birthday and Christmas gift of a great bag for the price the Discraft Tournament Shoulder bag with Fishing Backpack Clip on straps to it for an almost Backpack, still kept the Strap on it for quick between basket to next tee pad and short throws. I think this Draw V or Draw V2 would have been Ideal for her has she used a cheep drawstring bag for all her discs before this.

This is something I haven't heard yet! Feel free to shoot me an email regarding any issues you're having with the bag. [email protected]

I think this more a personal preference for me. I don't like how the pouch makes it difficult to put disc back in with a larger water bottle in one of the side pouches. I just like a dedicated holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just grabbed one of the GMC MJ Shifts and used the free shipping code. It was an easy sell with the reputation for quality and the fact that MJ wears one. Throw in a Z Buzzz, and it's a steal.

I think the only problem is that I like carrying extra discs for practice rounds. But my Innova Deluxe only carries 19 and I've been meaning to cut back anyways...

So i bought v.3 of the rebel on a black friday sale. And i'm not really satisfied what i got.. the bottom of the vertical pockets sits very low that i can't really use it.

Attachments

• 20171203_011508.jpg
    20171203_011508.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 20171203_011544.jpg
    20171203_011544.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 75
So i bought v.3 of the rebel on a black friday sale. And i'm not really satisfied what i got.. the bottom of the vertical pockets sits very low that i can't really use it.

I think that's a known issue and addressed in V4.
It helped a bit to remove the disc dividers and place them horizontally across the bottom of the bag behind the discs. Pushes them forward a bit and if I remember correctly made two discs relatively doable in the bottom vertical pouch.

https://youtu.be/CY1QOT427Dg
This video helped buy the v.3. The bottom pocket looks totally different than on my bag.

I think that's a known issue and addressed in V4.
It helped a bit to remove the disc dividers and place them horizontally across the bottom of the bag behind the discs. Pushes them forward a bit and if I remember correctly made two discs relatively doable in the bottom vertical pouch.

I agree, throw the dividers and the rain fly in the back bottom of the bag behind the discs. This pushes those discs forward making it much easier to use the bottom vertical storage slot. I had a v1 rebel and it is way better in the v3 (not 100% sure how the v4 was modified). in my vertical slots from top to bottom i carry 3 putters in top slot, 3 mids in middle, and 1 fairway and three distance drivers in the bottom with no issues.

Hope that helps.

I posted this on Reddit, but figured I would ask you guys here too.

"Hey guys, Jon here. As a lot of you know, I released an entry level bag last year called the Pinch and I've been describing it as the "urban disc golf backpack". I designed the Pinch to be the first all-around disc golf backpack. It's my daily commuter bag for my laptop, notebook, headphones, etc. It's my go-to day hike backpack, my ultimate frisbee bag, my travel bag, and of course, my first choice disc golf backpack. I fully believe this is an underrated backpack in the entry level space and with the couple tweaks I'll be making on the v2, it will do all these things even better.

I've already got a list of a couple main changes that I'll be making to the v2, but I wanted to open up the floor and ask you guys directly for your thoughts. From the beginning I've built this company and my products based off your guys feedback, so give it to me straight! Likes, dislikes, new features? Remember, that pretty much every added feature costs money. I'd like to keep the bag around $55 (even though it's currently on sale for $40)."

I have a Pinch and love it! I currently have 20 discs in it, plus two half-liter bottles of water, a towel, a couple minis, a flashlight, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff (pencil, rulebook, pack of kleenex, rain poncho, etc).

I can't think of much that I would want to change. Maybe add a divider to the main compartment so that it could have discs on one side and a towel/sweatshirt/couple beers/whatever on the other side. I probably wouldn't put the divider right in the middle. Maybe 60/40. Or make it attach with velcro so it could be adjusted.

I love my Pinch. I use it for all rounds. Tournament, casual rounds, everything. A great, light bag that fits my smaller stature without sacrificing disc space. The one thing I would do is make one of the mesh pockets have a zipper option, and possibly make them out of a stretchy, but semi-waterproof material, because that is where I am keeping my towels right now. Thanks again for the awesome product!

I didn't like my Pinch and sold it to a happy new owner. I felt like I needed more pockets and didn't like how it collapses, and the straps were too close together to fit over my wide shoulders. I kept the Rebel v4 though.

Multiple adjustable dividers within the main compartment would be an improvement that interests me the most. It's hard to use the Pinch for less than a dozen discs. As is, discs flop around too much if the main compartment isn't somewhat full.

Another issue is the top open "shelf" pocket. Filling it obstructs regular use of the main compartment. I don't rightly have a solution for that issue, though. A taller back to the bag or a smaller pocket, maybe?

Another issue is the top open "shelf" pocket. Filling it obstructs regular use of the main compartment. I don't rightly have a solution for that issue, though. A taller back to the bag or a smaller pocket, maybe?

You could leave it empty, but for me it works pretty well to have one disc in that pocket. With just one disc in there, I can still take discs in and out of the main compartment with ease. Depending on the course/day, I either put an approach disc or a fairway driver in that pocket - whichever I think I'm going to use a lot that day.

I don't use my Pinch for disc golf; it's now my Magic the Gathering bag.

Here's my dislikes of the Pinch:
1. No support on the bottom. Put a fold down firm section kind of like what the DD Trooper has

2. The side mesh pockets don't hold much if you fill the main compartment with discs. For this I'd recommend having dedicated bottle holder on one side and on the other side make it more of an external zipper pouch.

3. It was a little too short in the sense as others have mentioned regarding using the shelf pocket and accessing the lower area. Just an extra half inch or so would make a big difference here.

4. The backpack straps could be a bit farther apart for comfort.

It's a well made bag but the above reasons kept me from using it. But I do like my Rebel v4!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the Pinch to be my everyday casual round bag, and it suits my needs almost perfectly.

Biggest dislike was sloppiness and clumsiness of the bag if the main compartment wasn't loaded full of discs.
Building a 1/2" pvc internal frame solved this immediately, and was the only modification I needed to make.
The frame creates a main compartment that easily holds 12-13 discs which is the total amount I typically carry.
It also creates some additional wiggle room for the side pockets.

The only upgrade I can think of would be a snap or velcro connection for the front flap, but even that's not a big deal.

In all honesty, this bag is well constructed and fun to use based on multiple configurations available.
Lightweight and extremely comfortable.
People expecting ample storage for clothes and other non-essential items will not like this bag, but I think it's about the best entry level 12-15 disc backpack on the market right now.

Thanks for all the great feedback on the v1 Pinch bag. Y'all hit the nail on the head with a lot of the suggested changes and they have been 100% added to the list. The v2 or v3 might end up being the best bag disc golf has ever seen :thmbup:

@UPD

Have you guys restocked t-shirts?

Not yet! Because the new warehouse is in a different state, I have yet to find a new printer to order/print the shirt. I'm on it! And I've got a few new designs too. I've never really been focused on apparel, but if there is some desire for some new styles, I can make that happen!

I use the pinch for my everyday work backpack as well as a casual disc golf bag. In my dream world, I would add a laptop compartment or pocket but I guess that doesn't fit the disc golf theme all that well. :) Great bag! Keep up the good work!

Last edited: