• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

I wanted it to be more of a two tone black with the Heather but realistically, it looks mostly black. I would say it's not as solid black as the v1 but it in no way is as heathered as the grey.

I'm pumped for them to get here. Between the wider opening and extending the metal stay to the bottom of the back panel, it's even more so become my go-to bag. I even added a little loop on the left side to tuck the end of your long towel in so it doesn't drag on the ground. I can't remember who offered that suggestion in their feedback at the beginning of the year, but your feedback was heard!

Awesome, thanks for the color explanation!

That's genius! I always want to strap a towel to the side of my bag, but ultimately, that's why I never do. Super psyched for it. Do you have an ETA on them from Pre-order?

*Also, any new tshirts?

Anybody hear anything about a labor day sale? I have a rebel and a shift in my cart and I'm really thinking about pulling the trigger on one or both. But not sure which to go with.

So my Upper Park Focus is an awesome bag. I just wish for a few modifications to make this The PERFECT bag for me.

They are:
-One more disc storage sleeve bumping the capacity to 14 or 15 discs.
-Two drink holders capable of holding 32oz Nalgene bottles.

I usually play with a dog and he doesn't drink from an h2o bladder. In the summer I want to keep us both hydrated.

I think the double drink holders may help the focus stand up better as it just sort of flops over and lays there as it is.

Ive had a shift since early 2016 and it is a great bag. I had a DD commander which was also a nice bag with very similar functionality, just slightly heavier. I was looking at my shift and noticed a small tear on the bottom, reason enough for me to order a 50$ pinch from this company that sold me a quality product that has lasted 2 years and going.

Ended up just getting the shift. I have a tendency to fill up my bags with discs that I don't even need if there is extra space, so the I figured the smaller size of the bag might force me to only carry what I need. 16-18 discs is plenty.

Any news on the new Rebel? Love the Shift, wanna give the bigger bag a go.

Over here in Europe, everywhere is sold out of everything UPD.

Been using the Draw recently...love the simplicity of the bag.

How comfortable is it? I am thinking of getting one for my brother to use, he has had a shoulder bag that is Lighting's begginer bag and it is a few discs too small for him to use well. He wants a beginner backpack that holds 12 or about that, no more then 15. One he has only holds 9-10 disc at the most. He does not know much about the particular bag the Draw V2 but I think such a bag would work well for him and his playing style.

How comfortable is it? I am thinking of getting one for my brother to use, he has had a shoulder bag that is Lighting's begginer bag and it is a few discs too small for him to use well. He wants a beginner backpack that holds 12 or about that, no more then 15. One he has only holds 9-10 disc at the most. He does not know much about the particular bag the Draw V2 but I think such a bag would work well for him and his playing style.

In my opinion, anything more than 6-7 discs in the draw and I would be uncomfortable. The straps are just too thin with no padding. I would recommend the pinch, or some other similar bags by discmania or prodigy if you're carrying 10+ discs.

In my opinion, anything more than 6-7 discs in the draw and I would be uncomfortable. The straps are just too thin with no padding. I would recommend the pinch, or some other similar bags by discmania or prodigy if you're carrying 10+ discs.

He does not want any of those 3 bags as you can fit up to 18-20 discs in those other bags. He wants one you could only fit 12 maybe 15 at max if you use more thin discs. He could always add some of those things people use for seat belt padding for cars, or I could buy those too and have them on the bag. They say the bag can hold up to 12 discs and from what I can tell he would like that for a backpack style.

He does not want any of those 3 bags as you can fit up to 18-20 discs in those other bags. He wants one you could only fit 12 maybe 15 at max if you use more thin discs. He could always add some of those things people use for seat belt padding for cars, or I could buy those too and have them on the bag. They say the bag can hold up to 12 discs and from what I can tell he would like that for a backpack style.
It's not a backpack style bag. It's an ideal 3 to 4 disc bag while carrying a light jacket a mini and a snack.

Seems to me it can be used different from how they show on the site, do not have to put all the discs in only the front part.
Correct. But there is no storage 'system'. It's just a bag. I'm sure you could fit 20 discs in it but that's not what it was designed as.

My bag arrived! First impressions seem fantastic. Really awkward to use the bag when it's empty, but I can't think of any time I wouldn't have anything inside of it again. I put 8 drivers on the outside, 2 putters (roaches) up top, 3 DX Rocs in middle sleeve and a comet/firebird in last sleeve on bottom. Everything kinda feels jammed in at the moment, but I imagine some stretching will have to occur. Pack feels non existent on my back and I actually like the hip pads. Not a fan of all the straps and wish the backpack straps had the same elastic band strap-holder as the hip one does. Easy add I would think, might do it myself somehow.

My biggest concern is the middle currently, I'd like to carry one more in my last slot down but feels too tight atm. To pull out a disc right now, it pulls up whatever disc is in the slots above it. Not the end of the world, but might be annoying while playing to pull up one disc and get one pulled out. I'm hoping it's all just fresh and new and needs some beating in to really start shining. Kinda feel like my middle storage section is mostly unusable without pulling out discs to get down there.

I'm late to the party here but I like hearing how others set up their shift

I kinda have to fill the middle to keep crap from falling out.

3 mids it top pocket
2 putters in middle
2 putters in bottom

I could fit four mids in the top pocket but it at least has to be three

Side pockets get two drivers each. Ends up being four of each type of disc (putters, mids, fairway, distance).

Correct. But there is no storage 'system'. It's just a bag. I'm sure you could fit 20 discs in it but that's not what it was designed as.

Thanks, I knew it was just a bag, I might look for something else too that is close but still a backpack. Otherwise I will get the bag and cut corrugated plastic to the size for the part next to the back.

That doesn't make any sense. You can fit 18 discs in the draw if you want... just don't put that many in there. If he want's to only put 12 discs in one of those bags, they would still be much better. You don't have to fill them up to capacity.

That doesn't make any sense. You can fit 18 discs in the draw if you want... just don't put that many in there. If he want's to only put 12 discs in one of those bags, they would still be much better. You don't have to fill them up to capacity.

But he does not want the extra space in the bag if he will never ever use it in the Pinch or the other brands small bags. the Draw V2 seems like a better buy for him as a disc golf bag as he uses about 10 discs but wishes it had about 12 or so that would fit in a backpack that holds at most 15 discs comfortably.

Last edited:
If he buys the draw and puts 10-12 discs in it and uses it as his main bag he will be disappointed. It's just not made for that. It's a 5-6 disc bag with space for a few other things.

If he buys a prodigy bp-3 which fits 15 discs max in the main compartment. It also has a divider so he can use less if he wants and they still stand up. He will be much happier. he will have room for jackets, snacks, a water bottle, towels, etc. While it is still small but much much more comfortable and well constructed.

The only good 10 discs bags are things like a fade crunch or other single shoulder bags as far as I know.

Just my 2 cents, I wish him luck with whatever he decides.

I'm late to the party here but I like hearing how others set up their shift

I kinda have to fill the middle to keep crap from falling out.

3 mids it top pocket
2 putters in middle
2 putters in bottom

I could fit four mids in the top pocket but it at least has to be three

Side pockets get two drivers each. Ends up being four of each type of disc (putters, mids, fairway, distance).

I end up doing it kinda opposite (though several folks on here suggested drivers on the outside, It hasn't quite felt as good). I basically have all my mids and putters in the side pockets, and then do 3 drivers, 3 drivers, and 4 drivers (mostly fairways here) for lower, middle, and upper pockets, respectively.

Of course it depends on what you want in your bag... But for me that covers me pretty well. And pulling putters/mids out of the side pockets is very easy. With that many drivers in the middle pockets, they only fall out when I let my bag fall over.