• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC coverage

Facebook live for this event?!? Lol, I'd rather watch dots and listen to Mace.

Sigh. Remember to check your sources.

Never at any point was it said from any official source (DGWT, Innova, or even me) that Avery would be covering rounds on facebook live. We said we would be utilizing facebook live as another way to stay plugged in.

Will Avery at some point probably catch a bit of play/action during a facebook live session, sure. Did we replace a "traditional" disc golf 2+ camera broadcast with a phone and facebook? No.

I honestly would love to have dots. It would be a perfect way to follow along while I am at work.

Sigh. Remember to check your sources.
My source is Avery on FB live. He's been doing this for all DGWT events, so it's nothing new. Just because you guys have post round material doesn't mean this isn't your live "coverage" of the event.

Psst...I'm sorry to interrupt you with logic and facts...but if it's pixelated that's on your end.

I pay for plenty fast of internet to stream 4K content. It's actually more on FB's end. Same with YouTube. I've seen the pixelated DGP.tv streams turn into a beautiful picture when edited content is uploaded (why I would really love to see Smashboxx edit their streams). Can't wait to hear more condescending "logic and facts" from you.

I don't follow their reasoning behind not including Bullseye putts as inclusive in ICP putts. I bet they made IBP as a response to us complaining that you can get a 100% ICP by driving to 40', laying up to 5', and tapping in on every hole, but now the stats are confusing in a different way. Now you can miss every 30 footer and take your tap in, and you still only have 18 ICPs on the round.

Looking at the live scoring right now, Paul McBeth scored a 4 on hole 2 with: 1 penalty, a blue star OCP, 1 ICP, and an orange circle for IBP. So he got a penalty, made his outside the circle putt, took one inside the circle putt that may or may not have gone in, and then also made his tap-in?

I pay for plenty fast of internet to stream 4K content. It's actually more on FB's end. Same with YouTube. I've seen the pixelated DGP.tv streams turn into a beautiful picture when edited content is uploaded (why I would really love to see Smashboxx edit their streams). Can't wait to hear more condescending "logic and facts" from you.

I would not worry about his comments anymore! Jamie and his sarcastic, condescending comments are 892 rated at best. I read the comments and the way he interacts with fans and I just lol. He comes off as a TRY HARD in all aspects, and is very defensive and quick to blame others.

And another thing is not everybody is on Facebook so way to cater to the audience here guys. I have a new found respect for Terry and the Smashboxx crew this morning after trying to tune in and follow the USDGC.

Psst...I'm sorry to interrupt you with logic and facts...but if it's pixelated that's on your end.
It certainly couldn't be saturated cell towers on site with every idiot mashing their social media feeds with pics and vids from terrible angles.

It certainly couldn't be FB's ****ty compression (on top of an already compressed stream) or lackluster adaptive bitrate tech.

Blame the audience. :thmbup:

I don't follow their reasoning behind not including Bullseye putts as inclusive in ICP putts.

I like not including tap-ins in putting stats. But presentation would be key to clear stats. I haven't looked at it, but just from reading your description yeah it looks crazy.

Sactoduck I know what you mean. If you are a public figure you don't argue with your audience, you lose every time. You take it on the chin an you don't try to prove points with people on an internet forum, it makes you look small.

I would not worry about his comments anymore! Jamie and his sarcastic, condescending comments are 892 rated at best. I read the comments and the way he interacts with fans and I just lol. He comes off as a TRY HARD in all aspects, and is very defensive and quick to blame others.

And another thing is not everybody is on Facebook so way to cater to the audience here guys. I have a new found respect for Terry and the Smashboxx crew this morning after trying to tune in and follow the USDGC.

I guess I'm just used to EVERY OTHER video team that posts on here managing to keep their egos in check. I don't even click on SpinTV videos anymore because I'm baffled that anyone else can fit on the course with Jamie and Avery's head taking up so much room.

I have really made a concerted effort to be nicer online, and it's been a struggle. Jamie is admittedly my weakness because he's far from the expert he claims to be, but you wouldn't know if by how much bad info he loves to be spew.

Major kudos to Smashboxx and CCDG (and the other non-Spin-sters, I'm sorry to not name you directly) for being professional and possibly just not replying when they can't hold their tongues. You guys are true professionals from start to finish.

I like not including tap-ins in putting stats. But presentation would be key to clear stats. I haven't looked at it, but just from reading your description yeah it looks crazy.

I'd be more on board if they changed the presentation a little. I get that they're drawing concentric circles, not overlapping circles. When a player attempts an OCP and makes it, there will be 1 OCP and 0 ICP/IBP. When he attempts an OCP and misses, there will be 1 OCP and 1 ICP/IBP.
Same thing for ICP vs IBP. If he makes his ICP, it'll be 1 ICP and 0 IBP. If he misses his ICP, it'll be 1 ICP and 1 IBP (or 2 ICP and 0 IBP or something).

But mainly they need to use a number instead of an orange circle for IBP. I'm sure it'll be a 1 98% of the time, but we still would like that information.

(They have changed Paul's stats on hole 4 now, btw. Now it just shows 1 ICP and 1 IBP. So it took 2 strokes to get to the green, he missed his par putt, finished with a tap-in.)

The video clips are really good, some wasted footage of guys throwing discs followed by that really cool Innova logo....