• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC Monday Qualifying, Oct 3rd, 2011

ChrisKramer

Par Member
Monday Qualifying is one of the most exciting days of Championship Week, each and every year. The thrill of "tin cupping" your way into the event has created fantastic experiences for players, staff, and fans alike.

This year's change in USDGC format will also impact Monday Qualifying rounds. Qualifying is open to all current members of the Professional Disc Golf Association who have a PDGA Player Rating of 850 or above. Each player seeking to qualify will receive a projected score from Disc Golf United based on his or her skill level, and the course rating of Winthrop Gold.

Throughout the day on Monday, we will keep a leader board based on each player's over/under their projected score. Like the USDGC itself this year, these qualifying rounds will reward one's ability to consistently play above their personal skill level. A minimum of 5 spots will be available on Monday.

The fee to play on Monday is $25 per round. Players may play as many rounds as daylight and attendance will allow. By registering online you are guaranteed an opportunity to play on Monday.

If you have questions about Monday Qualifying, please contact Innova East at 800.476.3968.

We hope to see you there!

Link to Registration for Monday Qualifying

I'm curious what score under the projected score it will take to qualify. I'm a 924 and it looks like my projected will be around 82. Looks like a 856 is a 92.

Man, this will definetely be a challenge, however it seems fair. It'd be hard to see a 856 rated player break 82, while I feel at my skill level I could shoot 72.

What are other people's thoughts? What type of players will qualify? I definetely see it hard or nearly impossible for 960 and up players to make it though.

i know of one 970 rated player that will be there on monday.
<--- I guess we'll see...

I don't see how that would be possible seeing how you need a rating to give you a projected score to qualify.

http://www.usdgc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/2011_USDGC_Qualifying-revised-8.22.11.pdf

"Current PDGA membership is not required to qualify, however a current PDGA membership is required to compete in the US Championship."

From that I think it means that if you have a PDGA number/rating from years past but are not current as of 2010, you are still eligible. That does nothing to clear up how anyone could get a projected score in this scenario.

What are other people's thoughts? What type of players will qualify? I definetely see it hard or nearly impossible for 960 and up players to make it though.

higher rated players also make putts more and have usually considerable more distance and control than people below them so as long as they lay up on their approach they should do fine. someone at that score level should not make many mistakes. im still looking at the score but i can see how someone bagging at 850 shoot a pro like round can be disheartening. I wonder how they control that. do they have any anti-bagging rules in place or a cap on your performance at a skill level?

I'll be playing the championship if anyone wants to meet up monday for some warmup rounds...Also ATL Scott I saw a list somewhere of the registered players projected scores. I can't find it now but if you can find it, just look at a players projected score that has relatively the same rating as you.

Where can I go to find the score I will be expected to shoot at my rating?

it was on usdgc website, but i can't find it now. That caddie book is cool though! Will we be provided that on monday? or is it just for participants who get in?

Where can I go to find the score I will be expected to shoot at my rating?

I can't find it on the website, either. Maybe they're working on updating it for newly qualified players or adjusting after the last ratings update?

Anyway, on their Facebook page is a link to the projected scores they posted back in July. The link still works: http://bit.ly/qbjOAy

I can't find it on the website, either. Maybe they're working on updating it for newly qualified players or adjusting after the last ratings update?

Anyway, on their Facebook page is a link to the projected scores they posted back in July. The link still works: http://bit.ly/qbjOAy

That's the right link. It's on the website in the Eligible Competitors page.

ref caddy books from United States Disc Golf Championship facebook " Yes. We should have them this Friday. In time for US Dubs on Saturday."

i should be getting into Charlotte Sunday nite ~ 8pm....and i plan to head over to the course in the AM

Can someone clear this up for me. Will ALL players be given a projected score, or will the players who's projections would be in the negatives start at even? So that people like Climo don't have to shoot all birdies just to be in the red.

Can someone clear this up for me. Will ALL players be given a projected score, or will the players who's projections would be in the negatives start at even? So that people like Climo don't have to shoot all birdies just to be in the red.

I'm not sure what you mean by even or in the red, but here's how I understand it. If you shoot your projected score, you're even. If you shoot better than it, you end up negative.

Climo's projected score is 64. Last year he shot 65, 66, 67, and 62. If he shoots the same this year, his scores will be +1, +2, +3 and -2, for a total of +4.