• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] VCobra

The v has less fade than a new king cobra

I'll absolutely take your word on that, as I have not thrown a King Cobra.

For me, the big question is whether or not the VCobra will lose some of its fade and become a straight flier and a true "longer Colt". That's my lodestone: a longer flying Colt.

My pink 180 vcobra is pretty much straight. If I release it flat it has a very small turn and a very small fade at shots around 300'.
I've been throwing DX Ontarios for a few years. A broken in VCobra could conflict with my DX Cobra cycle.

I'm upset with you for not getting jokes.

:wall:

Ugh.... Why is it when can never have a thread on cobras without a bunch of mooks starting as flame war.

It's a mold (in all it's flavors and variations) that warrents a healthy discussion and fanbase.

Agreed. I'm usually the mook you're referring to because every Cobra thread has someone saying something incorrect;)

BTW not all cobras are designed to turn. The king cobra was designed to be a straight to fade stable flight (I believe innova used the phrase "moderately overstable").

From Innova's site "The King Cobra has the stability players are looking for in a Mid-Range combined with long lasting Champion plastic. With just the right amount of high speed turn to fly straight at full power." They also said "go-to mid" and "reliable performance."

You're right Innova said straight but they also said the right amount of high speed turn - notice they didn't say zero turn? Or how good of a players "full power" they were referring to? If you premium-plastic-anize any mold it gets beefier. Adding a more aerodynamic [flat] top doesn't hurt either.

The Aviar, Nova, Birdie, Mako, Coyote, Dart, and TL are all listed as 0 HST yet they're not considered straight/stable at all power levels. I'm not saying King Cobras are flippy pieces of **** in any way, shape, or form. I'm just saying these won't only go straight and those reading this thread that are none the wiser need to know that.

I can rip a Buzzz close to 400' on a lazer with no turn or fade. I can also EASILY make a Buzzz turn with 250' of power. Don't make molds into one trick ponies! :thmbup:

I don't think anyone was saying that cobras are one trick ponies , I may have missed something though. In fact I find them to be the most versatile mid mold.

In regards to the straight flight comment I was referring to a typical mid range rhbh flat release of a max weight champ king. Of course you can under\overpower things to get different results.

In my experience (average mid shot rhbh flat release ~ 300 and under golf line) a king cobra will exhibit little to no turn whereas a normal cobra will have much more lateral movement.

I don't think anyone was saying that cobras are one trick ponies , I may have missed something though. In fact I find them to be the most versatile mid mold.

In regards to the straight flight comment I was referring to a typical mid range rhbh flat release of a max weight champ king. Of course you can under\overpower things to get different results.

In my experience (average mid shot rhbh flat release ~ 300 and under golf line) a king cobra will exhibit little to no turn whereas a normal cobra will have much more lateral movement.

Your previous post was clear and I agree with what you're saying.

I am pretty convinced the VCobra shares the King Cobra top, they look almost identical. My VCobra is actually flatter than my King Cobra. Between the two you can cover most mid lines. I will say I don't throw terribly far (mids to 300' on a good day) and even fairly new I can get my King to turn a tad (I can't flip it up to flat however), I would compare it to a very slightly worn dx rancho. VCobra is just long and mostly straight, not too much turn or fade.

Hopefully it becomes a popular mold, I have always liked Cobras.

Whoever trimmed the flashing on these needs a lesson or two I will say, almost all that I thumbed through at Infinite had a spot or two that the grinder got too close and ground past the flashing.

I am pretty convinced the VCobra shares the King Cobra top, they look almost identical. My VCobra is actually flatter than my King Cobra. Between the two you can cover most mid lines.

I agree. BTW, I saw another VCobra and it seemed like it was flatter than the Pink one in my bag. So I wonder if we're going to see different levels of dome on these discs...

I will say I don't throw terribly far (mids to 300' on a good day)

That's plenty far. A noodle-arm, you are not (a little Yoda grammar, there).

VCobra is just long and mostly straight, not too much turn or fade.

The first day I threw my pink VCobra, it had some fade. Today I took it out before the weather came in, which means it was windy. The VCobra flew well in the wind (headwinds and tailwinds), but even in calm moments it was not fading hardly at all. One the one anny shot I threw through the woods, it faded back just a bit into a really nice helix shot and gave me a birdie look.

I suspect the VCobra is going to season in and the fade is going to diminish over time. Not a problem, especially if it goes nice and straight like I got on some shots today.

Hopefully it becomes a popular mold, I have always liked Cobras.

I've had a good relationship with my Cobras, though the feel of the grip is not my favorite. The VCobra grip feels much more comfortable, so I think I'm going to keep working with it and keep it in the bag for a while...

I like Cobras a lot, the V does seem to make the bead less noticeable which feels nice. My VCobra bleeds right a little for most of the flight, which will be useful. Looks like it will make the bag, I brought the King Cobra back out (mostly out of curiosity, it won't stay in the bag).

All of the ones I looked at (all of the inventory at Infinite so quite a few) had similar dome. I'll have to see how they fly when beat more before I commit to them for good though. Did really like the few throws I got with it today, wasn't about to throw anymore with it being all of 9 degrees out.

All of the ones I looked at (all of the inventory at Infinite so quite a few) had similar dome. I'll have to see how they fly when beat more before I commit to them for good though. Did really like the few throws I got with it today, wasn't about to throw anymore with it being all of 9 degrees out.

Glad to hear they appear similar to you. I'm hoping we won't see (large) inconsistencies in VCobra discs. I'm not getting the rightward drift (RHBH) unless I intentionally put anhyzer on the disc. I'm liking it when I can throw it very straight and it just goes very straight, like a longer Colt.

Hmm, I wonder what V- style disc is going to be next?

I think the only thing left would be a VClassic Roc.

I won't hold my breath on that, what with the Colt and the VRoc already out there. By the way, the VRoc was a pleasant surprise to me when I tried it. Between it and the VCobra, the mildly OS to mildly US ranges would be covered.

They could put out a VPanther, a VCoyote, a VLycan, etc. and there's no telling what they'll think of next... :)

I get what grip is saying. I throw ranchos well up to 325 golf lines. But with the same power I can flip it for a 220 ft anny as well.