• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

VERY Specific Photograph Wanted...

It's funny, people who don't know what the baskets are for seem to assume they have something to do with whatever they are there for. Softball people pile them up with gloves & balls, picnic or campers cook in them or use them as beer coolers, dog walkers chain their dogs to them, equestrians fill them with hay for their horses, etc.

I have pics of both but there's a blurry image of Bigfoot in the background of both pics and I'm a perfectionist and therefore refuse to publish them.

It's funny, people who don't know what the baskets are for seem to assume they have something to do with whatever they are there for. Softball people pile them up with gloves & balls, picnic or campers cook in them or use them as beer coolers, dog walkers chain their dogs to them, equestrians fill them with hay for their horses, etc.

Well I'm a disc golfer, but I can't seem to get my disc in them.

I thought the bbq thing was urban legend.

I would think, living in Louisiana, it would be hard to surprise you what people cook in. I know when I was helping run a refugee shelter in an old Walmart in Bastrop in '08, after hurricane Gustav or Ivan, I found some of our denizens cooking some meat in an old hubcap over a wood fire [and they were being fed 3 meals a day...].

Last edited:

You are the first I have heard mention equestrians using targets for hay. That was the first impression I had of baskets when I saw a basket in 1979 for the first time near the Garden City, SC Causeway.

Great post, Super funny.

Let me work on the first pic. I have a basket off my deck and about 60 feet from the house and I have deer in the yard every morning. I have a feeder an 2 hunting stands set up just past basket. The season is over so I am feeding them for the rest of the winter to keep them healthy until spring. I got home from glow last night and the yard was loaded with deer. It's like they know the season just ended. I will put corn the basket and see if I can get a shot on the old deer cam. I will have to remove the chains since the bucks might get tangled.

I thought the bbq thing was urban legend.

I have personally seen it. Well, an aluminum lined basket with spent charcoal burnt chains and band, wire hooks from hanging the food. I didnt see the cooking in the making or I would have called the local park watch.

I caught someone just before they lit the charcoal in the foil lined basket. It took a while to get past the language barrier but he eventually understood that burning galvanized metal releases toxic elements into the food... and air.

Latest posts