• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

VERY Specific Photograph Wanted...

j_mardis

Working on a project. Sort of a secret.

All I can say is I am looking for a photograph, actually 2 photos.

1. A deer eating out of a disc golf basket.

2. Someone barbecuing in a basket.

Monetary compensation will be negotiated, but an equitable exchange is preferred with a few opportunities to follow.

Thank you,
Jordan
JordanMardis.com
DiscGolfHeaven.com

Changing Lives Through Disc Golf

Working on a project. Sort of a secret.

All I can say is I am looking for a photograph, actually 2 photos.

1. A deer eating out of a disc golf basket.

2. Someone barbecuing in a basket.

Monetary compensation will be negotiated, but an equitable exchange is preferred with a few opportunities to follow.

Thank you,
Jordan
JordanMardis.com
DiscGolfHeaven.com

Changing Lives Through Disc Golf

The ending to this seems promising....

Would be 10x easier to photoshop these situations than to be lucky(?) enough to capture a moment of these so specific instances.

I've seen the second one twice. But that was 6-8 years ago at my local course. Now that the course is busier I don't see it happening at much. But if I was a betting man. If someone really wanted to fine number 2. I would look around BBQ holidays like labor/memorial/4th of July if you want that image.

Seems that #2 could be staged easily enough. It's #1 that is going to be nearly impossible to find. The old urban legend is more about people thinking baskets are deer feeders than that deer actually eat out of the things.

Interestingly enough, both of these happen on a semi-regular basis at one of our local courses. I've seen people putting hay in the baskets because they think they're deer feeders. And for some odd reason people keep lining the basket with aluminum foil and bbq'ing in the basket too. The bbq one happens quite often around memorial day. I will have to start carrying my camera with me during the next few weeks and see if I can at least get the deer picture.

I have seen a picture of the latter, can't remember where though.

I can put up some salt in my basket and a motion Sensor cam. How good does the resolution need to be?

I second the Photoshop idea. But I have a picture of a deer bbqing out of a disc golf basket. Does that count for anything?

I have a picture of a cat in a homemade basket. It looks like it's going #2, but I'm not sure.

We have plent of deer around. Maybe I'll bait a basket to see if I can get lucky. Unfortuanately, all of my Hostas that they love to eat are already dormant.

I will not be grilling in any of my baskets, though. Sorry.

1st thought that popped in my head thinking about a pic someone barbecuing in basket was the photo needs the caption:
DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.

I thought the bbq thing was urban legend.
The existence of urban legends is an urban legend.

How about BBQ'ing a deer in a basket?
How about a deer BBQ'ing a DG'er in a basket? :eek:

Last edited:
I can put up some salt in my basket and a motion Sensor cam. How good does the resolution need to be?

Yup, now that season is over this could be done. I've got a portable basket i can put by my feeder come to think of it....