• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Example of new color patterns. Rumor is the old swirl colors will not be made anymore. Only solid, or micro-granite (as pictured).

9620646_orig.jpg

Boo!

Vibram makes some odd decisions, to be sure.

In my honest opinion the best Vibram discs are the older runs of the Vibrams. The original chunks, XMAS chunks, stripes, swirls, older x link on the midnight blue. the solid colors and the micro granite are ok but when every disc looks like every other disc on the market of vibram you no longer have a unique discs and something cool to show.

"Let's make some camoflouge looking discs!" -said no one ever.

Harken back to the early days, and the John Deere green VP's. :chuckle:

In my honest opinion the best Vibram discs are the older runs of the Vibrams. The original chunks, XMAS chunks, stripes, swirls, older x link on the midnight blue. the solid colors and the micro granite are ok but when every disc looks like every other disc on the market of vibram you no longer have a unique discs and something cool to show.

My planet jupiter looking VP is my favorite disc I own. I want those stripy swirls colors back. By far the most drool worthy to me.

Chunks ◆ check
Christmas ◆ check
Stripes ◆ check
Swirls ◆ check
Jupiter ◆ check

Thanks you guys for making my collection even more over valued. :hfive:

I think the new micro-chunks are grippier than the other runs. They're sort of rough.

I have a light-green Valley, which you can see in the twilight hours pretty well, and I ordered a pink Notch, which is random, but that's how I like it.

Oh goodness, I can already hear the whinging about dog vomit colored discs during my next VBB. :rolleyes:

Gladded they updated the website finally after some months (nearly a year or so) without changing it... I ordered a glow from vibramdiscgolf.com, and I paid a lot for shipping, so I might go elsewhere, if I were to purchase a glow...

Still haven't tried the Arch... might try that one in a glow.

You are missing out on the arch. Out of the 3 new fairways it is my favorite by a good margin. The valley and notch aren't bad either but that arch is going to be a workhorse.

Gladded they updated the website finally after some months (nearly a year or so) without changing it... I ordered a glow from vibramdiscgolf.com, and I paid a lot for shipping, so I might go elsewhere, if I were to purchase a glow...

Still haven't tried the Arch... might try that one in a glow.

I paid flat rate $6.15 for my shipping.

I will say this though, I ended up buying 4 glow discs. Sold all of them this summer for more than I paid (a couple MUCH more) and will likely be doing the same this year. I need an unLace, Lace and Ridge for myself. Everything else will be saved and sold during the summer.

Have they said whether or not they will substantially raise production of the glows this year? I know they did slightly more last year than the year before, but selling out as fast as they did screams make a boatlaod more. Just sayin'.

:popcorn:

Hey, we need to worry about Softober first. Will there be multicolors this year ?
Glowvember is still a long way off. : patshead:

Yup, heard of the memo on softs. :thmbup: But remember, they ran glows in Oct last year. Sale started 10/21...so, if the pattern holds, its closer than you think.

Waiting patiently until the popcorn runs out....:popcorn:

I think I gave up on the Valley too soon. On a lark, I threw my son's Valley during today's round. The hole has a ceiling of branches and requires a low line, which is what I'd throw my Eclipse on normally. Decided to try his Valley--and it flew perfectly. Low with a slow, slight turnover and slight fade at the end--just as described on the back of the disc--and I put it two feet from the pin.

The Valley I had flew more like a TL or Teebird for me. I'm guessing I didn't get it broken in enough before I traded it, because his flew similar to an Eclipse for me. As I need to decide on what to replace the Eclipse, I think I'll be getting another Valley and making certain to get it broken in before deciding whether it'll work.

Same with me on the Valley. They take so dang long to break in though. It's hard to wait. Vamp is going to be a great replacement for my early run Rivers so I'll be happy then.

I think I gave up on the Valley too soon. On a lark, I threw my son's Valley during today's round. The hole has a ceiling of branches and requires a low line, which is what I'd throw my Eclipse on normally. Decided to try his Valley--and it flew perfectly. Low with a slow, slight turnover and slight fade at the end--just as described on the back of the disc--and I put it two feet from the pin.

The Valley I had flew more like a TL or Teebird for me. I'm guessing I didn't get it broken in enough before I traded it, because his flew similar to an Eclipse for me. As I need to decide on what to replace the Eclipse, I think I'll be getting another Valley and making certain to get it broken in before deciding whether it'll work.

Yeah, I've used it on those type of lines before. A low-ceiling presents challenges for traditional mid-ranges. Enter the Valley with its incredibly small low-speed fade for a fairway driver.

Yeah, I've used it on those type of lines before. A low-ceiling presents challenges for traditional mid-ranges. Enter the Valley with its incredibly small low-speed fade for a fairway driver.

It was about 280' to the pin. I could have thrown a mid--likely an Ibex--though keeping it out of the ceiling would have been a problem at that distance. A fairway on a low line works well for those, though not all fairways take to low lines well. I was quite pleased to see the Valley work that line easily.

Latest posts