• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

So I know Steve said 150 class firm Laces were difficult to manufacture at first, but is there an ETA on when they might be a reality?

StevenDodge said:
1024213_orig.jpg

Oh Steve, you know watching a Lace fly is like a million times better than this.

My first dye ever, so I chose a vibram. Weeding was very difficult took me many attempts, and I got dye on top of my vinyl. All in all I call it a success. Go wings!

Attachments

• 1364017131963.jpg
    1364017131963.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 363
Vibram story. I am running a birdie bash here in North Texas. It is an area dominated by Innova with a little discraft. Mostly because we only have two stores that sell much and its either one or the other. So getting people to switch and try can be difficult. As a TD i went and bought the TD pack that has all 9 disc. So i have been meeting people up on the course when i can, and like a drug dealer have been pushing the product hard lol. It hasnt taken much to get people hooked. Mostly one disc. The..wait for it..angles start to sing.....LACE. it has probably sold me 6 player packs over the past two week, and what i mean by that, they ask for a driver and and tell them just let it rip. 3 of them through it just once. looked at me, and said Im in. I said you have to pick a putter too. Oh we get one of those too? I am about 5 weeks out from the event now, so my push is about to get a little stronger. We are starting flyers next week at local stores. But the guys who have thrown it, are now spreading the words of the Lace, so i might still be getting some more players just from that.

Birdie Bash Story

So at our Birdie Bash today, the turnout was about half of what was expected since people wimped out since it was snowy, icy, and windy all over the course. Anyways, the guy who was winning throws only Innova and I was beginning to get kinda bummed that a guy that doesn't appreciate Vibram was going to win (I was down by 6 points going into the last 9 holes). Some how or another, I managed to take off and on the last hole, he missed his 25' putt that would have won it for him and I made my five footer that put me up by one point! If I didn't have the Birdie Bash lace sitting right next to me, I still wouldn't believe that I made the comeback.

I am still loving how Vibram holds up in adverse conditions. I nearly lost my first run Ascent today in about a foot of snow after the wind caught it and took it a bit off line. Still, there is realy no better grip on anything. Z/Chap was constantly failing me today. Star/ESP was better but not like my Vibrams.

I know what you mean, my new firm was getting real wet and dirty today. All I did was clean a spot from the bottom of debris point and shoot no problem. Now my accuracy was something to question but the disc held up great.

Latest posts