• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I mostly a forehand driver and a backhand approacher. Bagged "Nuke SS, Avenger SS, Buzzz SS, FLX Buzzz, Zones, OOP 150Z Flick, New 150Z Flick, OOP Crush, Blow Fly, Glow Fly, Putt'r-X.

Use to drive "flick" Sidewinders, Cannons, Vulcans, Katana's, RoadRunners. The Nuke SS is more Stable than those lol. There are also reg nukes in the bag and two Prodigy d1's which I love.

How light have Laces gone so far? I am seeing 158 for mediums and around 165 for firms. Would love a firm around 155-160...

The lightest X-Link Firm Laces so far are 162 grams. Rather than tinker with figuring out how to make the lighter ones work, I've instructed that we should manufacture what we can as quick as we can. When we get a good stock of Laces on hand, we will revisit the lighter firms.

I'm the same way, contrary to belief rubber does break in, my oldest medium ridge turns almost like a summit but faded back toward the end. This plus the way a fresh ridge flies is something special. For the bash They ran out of mediums right before they shipped our bash and had to put firms in their place, at least that's what the td said.

That is absolutely correct. We've got the heavy Medium Ridges back in stock now, but last I saw, the lighter ones were still being manufactured.

i'm super interested in this grippy firm material. how long has it been in circulation? my local pias just placed their first vibram order last week and got their shipment yesterday. i plan on going up there to cherry pick the good stuff at some point today.

Steve, are you guys getting any of your discs into some bigger stores like Dicks? Or other large sporting good stores? If you aren't are in some...which ones?

Anyone know of any specialty DG stores in the MO area that carry Vibram? Particularly, Kansas City, St. Louis, or Columbia. Thanks.

communitydiscs.com and marshallstreetdiscgolf.com both do.

Nevermind...looks like marshallstreet you just have to pick your color. Though from their pics it seems like it's of the actually disc. A little confusing.

Last edited:
I had never noticed that you could do that at Marshall Street, pretty cool! Thanks for the heads-up about community discs too! I appreciate it.

Steve, are you guys getting any of your discs into some bigger stores like Dicks? Or other large sporting good stores? If you aren't are in some...which ones?

Anyone know of any specialty DG stores in the MO area that carry Vibram? Particularly, Kansas City, St. Louis, or Columbia. Thanks.

Disc Golf World in KC has Vibrams (purchased a firm Ascent while I was there last Labor Day, and I believe DD in KC also carries Vibram.

my local pias is in fairview heights, illinois and they are sharing their order with the store on manchester in st louis. from my understanding the chesterfield pias is under different ownership, the one time i went in there the disc selection was terrible and the prices were even worse.

I was looking for another Lace and noticed that most of what I was seeing were green. Does anyone actually throw green drivers? Maybe they're bright enough pick them out of the grass & bushes but that just doesn't seem to be a good idea.

I was looking for another Lace and noticed that most of what I was seeing were green. Does anyone actually throw green drivers? Maybe they're bright enough pick them out of the grass & bushes but that just doesn't seem to be a good idea.

I throw red and green laces and used to throw green esp nukes. Even with darker greens I never had trouble finding one. The greens are quite different from the grass, etc. in my experience.

Yeah...the red and green lace I have is really bright. Stands out in the grass very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts