• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started with the Sole and liked it alright. Got the VP and Summit at the same time a little later and have actually been doing the opposite lately with the VP/Summit combo. VP for longer puts and Summit for within the circle. Not sure what my deal is...maybe I just need to give it some more pop, but the VP has been dropping way earlier than I expect when I putt with it. Doesn't have much glide. Lately though I've been putting solely with my VP. I'll figure out which one I like best one of these days. Hoping to make a Birdie Bash and try out the Ridge too.

Picked up 2 Firm VPs in the MP last week, courtesy of Brodysseus (thanks Bro!), and took them out for the first time today. Love 'em. I've seem him refer to them as the best approach disc on the market, and while I'm not experienced enough to make that kind of claim, I agree that they're perfect for approach shots: easily ranged and perfectly predictable. Drives like a dream, too; not quite as OS as I thought, just straight with a predictable forward fade. Great for putts in the wind, too, which was sorely needed. Feels good in my hand; not too deep.

By the end of my round they were in the bag for good. They kicked out my Pains, in fact, which I was glad to see, as I hadn't been totally happy with them. Awesome grip, as advertised. I'm sold.

Can't wait until the local Birdie Bash rolls around and I have an excuse to try out some more Vibram! It's looking like I'll throw a VP and a Trak. Should be fun!

You do realize you are asking this in a Vibram thread! :) Of course people will prefer these over other putters!

Have you tried other putters? I'm still trying to figure out which ones I prefer. I've used Magics, Ions, Wizards, Summit, VP, and Sole. I actually liked the Ion a lot, but I wasn't a big fan of how they felt. Though I never tried a soft one. I started getting into the Vibrams and I just love how they feel so I'm determined to find a putter I like from them. Starting to really love the VP, but I do love the low profile feel of the Summit.

No ion but I have an anode which is my approach/driving putter it kept wanting to bounce out the basket it it was so stiff:thmbdown:

Can't wait until the local Birdie Bash rolls around and I have an excuse to try out some more Vibram! It's looking like I'll throw a VP and a Trak. Should be fun!

If you already have two VPs, might I suggest trying the Ridge for your local Birdie Bash? It's even straighter, is my putter of choice from the Vibram lineup. Drives like a dream, too. I would say it and the VP compliment each other amazingly well.

With all this putter talk, I had to add my two cents in here. I carry 6 putters in my bag at all times. 2 Summits, 2 Ridges and 2 VPs. With them I can do just about any putter shot imaginable. The rubber is absolutely amazing and seems to catch and stick to chains much better than most other materials. I found that I make mroe putts with Summits than any other putter I have tried.

^ Discs were F for the BB? I thought they were going to be Medium....

I personally like Mediums better in any circumstances. In fact if anyone wants me firms (you'll have to look at my disc organizer) PM me and I will trade you for Mediums between 167g and 169g.

With all this putter talk, I had to add my two cents in here. I carry 6 putters in my bag at all times. 2 Summits, 2 Ridges and 2 VPs. With them I can do just about any putter shot imaginable. The rubber is absolutely amazing and seems to catch and stick to chains much better than most other materials. I found that I make mroe putts with Summits than any other putter I have tried.

That sounds exactly like me. :hfive::hfive::hfive::thmbup:

I'm the same way, contrary to belief rubber does break in, my oldest medium ridge turns almost like a summit but faded back toward the end. This plus the way a fresh ridge flies is something special. For the bash They ran out of mediums right before they shipped our bash and had to put firms in their place, at least that's what the td said.

Last edited:
Anyone else throw their firm laces? Mine almost got me an ace yesterday, but I'm fine just parking it too....
I didn't think it could happen, but I think I like my firm Lace better than my mediums.

That said, I LOVE all of my Laces. Such an awesome driver!

my firm should be showing up tomorrow. i ordered one at like 168 if i remember. i picked up a medium at like 165 or 166 i wanna believe thinking it would be flippier than my 172 and it's definitely not. the 172 is fairly flat will turn over a bit and eventually finish left and the lighter one has a little more dome to it and just rides straight and fades off. you'd think getting that little bit of high speed turn would wiggle out any extra distance but the lighter domey one just glides forever before it comes down.

they lace has some nasty glide, but to me it's different than the infamous latitude/westside glide. the euro discs just seem to hang in the air, almost like they're floating whereas the lace seems to carry forward more. not saying some of the euro discs aren't sneaky long, because they are, it's just a different type of glide if that makes sense.

i've also been digging my 170 medium ascent a lot too. flight wise it's like my lighter domey lace just shorter. it's in good shape still, so if i have to cycle them twice a year or so before they get flippy i'm cool with it. powers down pretty well for control shots, i've been loving it on gentle hyzers about 320 where i'd have to nut up on my obex.

i've also been digging my 170 medium ascent a lot too. flight wise it's like my lighter domey lace just shorter. it's in good shape still, so if i have to cycle them twice a year or so before they get flippy i'm cool with it. powers down pretty well for control shots, i've been loving it on gentle hyzers about 320 where i'd have to nut up on my obex.

I've been throwing my ascents more ever since Steve said they were the least consistent disc. Both my firm and medium fly almost the same and enjoy the wind while my trak shivers in my bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts