• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about some sort of bottom stamp vibram? Has that been suggested?

I played 18 holes today with 2 guys I had never seen or played with before.

The unusual part was, all three of us were putting with a Ridge.
One guy had a clone of my speckled robins egg one. Good thing we all had names on them.

It was interesting to see the disc work well for 3 different putting styles.
I putt with my shoulders in line with the basket and finesse them in. The guy with the clone of my disc is a fast push putter with his shoulders squared to the basket, and the other guy was a high flop style putter.

The Ridge was working for everybody. :clap:

Hey Steve, did you run any special "stocking stuffers" for your dealers for Christmas this year ?

Sparkle Glow Chunk Ascents ? :D

The Ridge is a nice disc.

Getting Steve to make the precious yellow logo less prominent is like getting Chad to make different color overmolds. :rolleyes:

Getting Steve to make the precious yellow logo less prominent is like getting Chad to make different color overmolds. :rolleyes:

but at least they have them available. I remember when they first came out I saw a sky blue plate with a bright red over mold that looked AWESOME. Not sure how available they are, but they're out there.

but at least they have them available. I remember when they first came out I saw a sky blue plate with a bright red over mold that looked AWESOME. Not sure how available they are, but they're out there.

^those are the 1st runs :)

Yep , they did that once, with the first run. Your current and future overmold colors will be black, or black.

Vibram also had some protos with blue logos, not yellow.

sorry if i missed it. does someone have the answer to what the numbers mean?

a mess... I like vibrams... don't like the armspeed numbers.

Its something like the approximate arm speed you have to get a disc to to get it to hyzer, go straight, or turn over...

I would have said something about your original post, but I didnt understand it.

You said
just got two first run ascent's in the mail today. they have stickers with numbers on them. does this mean what i think it means?

Your asking " does this mean what I think it means ?"
So you already know what it means, maybe. Or not. But you're saying you think you already know what it means. :confused:

So tell us what YOU think it means.

The flight ratings on Vibram discs are usually stamped into the surface on the underside, not on stickers.

If what you have on the stickers looks like this
Ratings
ratings.gif

Speed

The top speed number (60) is the ideal thrown speed (in mph) of the disc. Thrown flat at this speed, the disc will hold the line. The bottom speed number is the distance multiplier (4.2). In this case, a disc thrown at 60 mph will fly 60 x 4.2 = 252 feet.

Fade

At a speed of 20% less than the ideal speed, this is the flight angle of the disc. In this case, at 48 mph, the disc will be flying 24 degrees left. (assuming a RHBH).

Turn

At a speed of 20% more than the ideal speed, this is the flight angle of the disc. In this case, at 72 mph, the disc will be flying 2 degrees right. (assuming a RHBH).

Then consider the stickers explained. :)
If they say something else, well then I dont have a clue. :(

Well my VP just lost its place in my bag. I really wanted to like Vibram discs, but they just aren't doing it for me. My biggest complaint would have to be the rounded edge, which has caused too many shots that roll far away from the basket. Too bad, because I really like the durability.

I would have said something about your original post, but I didnt understand it.

You said

Your asking " does this mean what I think it means ?"
So you already know what it means, maybe. Or not. But you're saying you think you already know what it means. :confused:

So tell us what YOU think it means.

The flight ratings on Vibram discs are usually stamped into the surface on the underside, not on stickers.

If what you have on the stickers looks like this
Ratings
ratings.gif

Speed

The top speed number (60) is the ideal thrown speed (in mph) of the disc. Thrown flat at this speed, the disc will hold the line. The bottom speed number is the distance multiplier (4.2). In this case, a disc thrown at 60 mph will fly 60 x 4.2 = 252 feet.

Fade

At a speed of 20% less than the ideal speed, this is the flight angle of the disc. In this case, at 48 mph, the disc will be flying 24 degrees left. (assuming a RHBH).

Turn

At a speed of 20% more than the ideal speed, this is the flight angle of the disc. In this case, at 72 mph, the disc will be flying 2 degrees right. (assuming a RHBH).

Then consider the stickers explained. :)
If they say something else, well then I dont have a clue. :(

Good job explaining. This is a good idea, but way too complicated for my taste. I am going to have to start bringing a calculator on the course with me just so I can make sure that I am throwing my discs the right way :wall:

Well my VP just lost its place in my bag. I really wanted to like Vibram discs, but they just aren't doing it for me. My biggest complaint would have to be the rounded edge, which has caused too many shots that roll far away from the basket. Too bad, because I really like the durability.

You should probably stop throwing shots that land on their edge.

not sure what kinda putter you use but they all have a rounded edge..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts