• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any forehand throwers here that own a Lace? I was thinking about getting one and was wondering what my fellow forehanders thought of this disc.

Wish I could help you guys with some Vibram gear, but I sold out a while ago. I'll see if I can get the ball rollin on getting some more stuff.

I'm a forehand thrower and the lace flys fast and like a lazer beam for me,very stable and handles lots of tourqe.

I throw forehand as well as backhand and I really enjoy throwing my Lace forehand. I have to be careful not to roll my wrist with the Lace because it holds a line better than other discs I throw forehand.

I would be all over that if you were able to procure some gear!

Wish I could help you guys with some Vibram gear, but I sold out a while ago. I'll see if I can get the ball rollin on getting some more stuff.

I would be all over that if you were able to procure some gear!

While I would love a Vibram bag and some gear, I would rather see a complete line-up of awesome Vibram rubber before it! Sounds like that is what Vibram is focusing on first and foremost. I'm okay with that.

While I would love a Vibram bag and some gear, I would rather see a complete line-up of awesome Vibram rubber before it! Sounds like that is what Vibram is focusing on first and foremost. I'm okay with that.

I'm with you on this. Swag is great and all...but I hope Vibram keeps focusing on puting out great discs. I have recently acquired a lot of Vibram and am loving them all. Especially liking the Sole (as my main putter), trak, ascent, lace, and obex. Still trying to get the feel for the ibex.

^ The Ibex is my go to disc.

Just got a soft for P/A since it has better glide that the soft Sole and Summit I have. I've found it to be more accurate without the additional effort to launch it and the thing sits like a well trained dog.

^ The Ibex is my go to disc.

Just got a soft for P/A since it has better glide that the soft Sole and Summit I have. I've found it to be more accurate without the additional effort to launch it and the thing sits like a well trained dog.

That's exactly what my favorite thing about the Ibex is. This disc is an approach MONSTER! I think this is my best and most consistent underpowered disc. I love it.

It isn't very hard to have someone print up some shirts for you. The ones they already produced were done very well I might add. Mr. Dodge, make sure you get the same shirts as you did last time, they were quality.

Now as for stuff beyond shirts for us to wear and help advertise, I would much rather see the discs first. I am holding out hope that they will produce a bag sole that will improve the quality of disc golf bags.

It isn't very hard to have someone print up some shirts for you. The ones they already produced were done very well I might add. Mr. Dodge, make sure you get the same shirts as you did last time, they were quality.

Now as for stuff beyond shirts for us to wear and help advertise, I would much rather see the discs first. I am holding out hope that they will produce a bag sole that will improve the quality of disc golf bags.

A bag with a Vibram rubber bottom would be pretty outstanding.

More Lace follow up:

Initially, I was getting Destroyer like flight from my 169gm Lace. It has become dead straight after six rounds. I don't see any damage to the disc, I suppose hitting the ground quite a few times has made it the straighter, longer disc I hoped for when I bought it. Very happy.

My 173gm Lace arrived and I have played a couple of rounds with it. It was straighter than the 169 when new. It also is a little longer and will hit the correct angle for some skipping distance. (still not as much as plastic would skip). I like it better than the 169, which I didn't anticipate at all. I purchased it for higher winds, but I just "like it better" all around.

FYI, I can get them out to about 360-375 feet if I throw them low and flat with my best form. They fly over 300 feet on every throw.

If you throw 300 feet with your Ascent, Teebird, Striker, Eagle, Avenger etc... get one!

More Lace follow up:

Initially, I was getting Destroyer like flight from my 169gm Lace. It has become dead straight after six rounds. I don't see any damage to the disc, I suppose hitting the ground quite a few times has made it the straighter, longer disc I hoped for when I bought it. Very happy.

My 173gm Lace arrived and I have played a couple of rounds with it. It was straighter than the 169 when new. It also is a little longer and will hit the correct angle for some skipping distance. (still not as much as plastic would skip). I like it better than the 169, which I didn't anticipate at all. I purchased it for higher winds, but I just "like it better" all around.

FYI, I can get them out to about 360-375 feet if I throw them low and flat with my best form. They fly over 300 feet on every throw.

If you throw 300 feet with your Ascent, Teebird, Striker, Eagle, Avenger etc... get one!

What if you throw 275?

JKLOL, the rim on that bird tells me I'm not ready. Looks like a fantastic disc for the strong-arm crowd though. :clap:

Love to try some Vibram rubber some day.

What if you throw 275?

JKLOL, the rim on that bird tells me I'm not ready. Looks like a fantastic disc for the strong-arm crowd though. :clap:

Love to try some Vibram rubber some day.

The Trak and Ascent are great drivers. As much as I like the Lace, I usually throw one of the fairway drivers. They are so easy to control.

The Trak and Ascent are great drivers. As much as I like the Lace, I usually throw one of the fairway drivers. They are so easy to control.

I think trying out new discs is half the fun. I have my eye on an auction for a beautiful marble Ibex. I think that would be a good point of entry.

I think trying out new discs is half the fun. I have my eye on an auction for a beautiful marble Ibex. I think that would be a good point of entry.

Yes, the Ibex is an amazing disc.

I think the Lace has impressed me more than any other vibram disc in the first few weeks of owning it. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts