• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooo, an overstable Lace! I am excited. But just how overstable is it going to be? Are we talking Obex or Mobex overstable? I am guessing it will kick the Z Nuke out of my bag but not my Nuke OS. Make an even more overstable one!!

Ooo, an overstable Lace! I am excited. But just how overstable is it going to be? Are we talking Obex or Mobex overstable? I am guessing it will kick the Z Nuke out of my bag but not my Nuke OS. Make an even more overstable one!!

I'm personally hoping for this to be Vibram's version of the Force or just a tad more overstable. This should lock down yet another mold as Vibram instead of Discraft in my bag when it comes out :)

I'm personally hoping for this to be Vibram's version of the Force or just a tad more overstable. This should lock down yet another mold as Vibram instead of Discraft in my bag when it comes out :)

That's pretty much how I feel. Make it flat on the top, Steve!

Excited for this. I've been bombing my Lace at The Memorial this week, but could really use this new stable version.

Timetable?

Excited for this. I've been bombing my Lace at The Memorial this week, but could really use this new stable version.

Timetable?

We probably won't have it done in time for the Saturday round. sorry! Keep taking names out there Dana. You and Ross are representing well!

This is good news. Plus it sounds like you are on my side with the need for the overstable stuff. Lets me honest, the three discs that I cannot take out of my bag right now are my Nuke OS, Predator and Gator.

I'd like to add my vote for a Vibram version of the Gator - my go to mid.:thmbup:

Being a sidearmer I've had grip issues with Champ/Z plastics. To remedy gripping probs I started out with a Trak (got my 2nd career ace with it!), next was a Lace. Then an Ascent. And recently I became a Sole Man (ha!) along with an Ibex & an Obex (thanx to Justin at Community Discs for the fugly sale).
Last week I did a test of an all Vibram bag round. There was not shortage on grippiness, even in snow/dampness. There were two things missing from my disc selection, one that Steve has confirmed will be remedied (an OS Lace) and a grippy Gator.
So like I stated above, a Vibram Gator would be the bomb. Please, oh, please.

I'd like to add my vote for a Vibram version of the Gator - my go to mid.:thmbup:

Being a sidearmer I've had grip issues with Champ/Z plastics. To remedy gripping probs I started out with a Trak (got my 2nd career ace with it!), next was a Lace. Then an Ascent. And recently I became a Sole Man (ha!) along with an Ibex & an Obex (thanx to Justin at Community Discs for the fugly sale).
Last week I did a test of an all Vibram bag round. There was not shortage on grippiness, even in snow/dampness. There were two things missing from my disc selection, one that Steve has confirmed will be remedied (an OS Lace) and a grippy Gator.
So like I stated above, a Vibram Gator would be the bomb. Please, oh, please.

With the exception of a ULace and Ubex I predict Vibram will be working hard on their OS stuff.

On a personal note, I really hope that there are two more discs coming that are more OS than the Lace and the same speed. I think if it mirrored what we all expect them to do with their mid range discs life will be good.

I'm kicking myself for taking my firms out today when it was in the 30s. I gouged my Ascent and my beloved Ibex but it's my own fault for not sticking to my rules about when to grab the mediums.

I'm kicking myself for taking my firms out today when it was in the 30s. I gouged my Ascent and my beloved Ibex but it's my own fault for not sticking to my rules about when to grab the mediums.

Or you could just always grab the Mediums. Sorry for your loss but my guess is the firms still fly the same as they did before. They are still pretty solid.

I have medium versions of everything I threw today but didn't take them with me. I realized when I got out of the car but still had the urge to play.

Today was my first day to play with vibram disc. I took part in the birdie bash in OKC. I am impressed with the lace and the ridge, defiantly will be looking to throw these disc more! check out the group picture 93 people played today
www.instagram.com/p/WX3yXnRz6M/

I played a one disc round with Ibex today, and the grip kicks butt in cold slippery weather.

I played a one disc round with Ibex today, and the grip kicks butt in cold slippery weather.

The Ibex really is an ideal disc for a one disc challenge. Last Winter I tested the Ibex as my main putter, but found that it did not stick quite as well as the putters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts