• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Trak

Old Bassman

Eagle Member
I figure it is time to start an unofficial Vibram Trak thread.
I wait while my Traks are in a package in the hands of the USPS.
Does anyone have production Traks? How do they compare to FR's?
Do you like the Trak, ETC?

I've got a Trek, never thrown the production Traks. If they are similar, the Traks will be similar to a longer Leo with a little more fade. It was very similar to my Eagle-L but maybe a touch more fade. But the Eagle is a little seasoned

haven't thrown mine but i just got it

x-link bumbleboot ist run
aazzphoto.jpg

Posted in the Vibram thread, but will also post here. I bought a 167 Medium yellow Trak expecting great things and ended up with a overstable brick with no glide. It literaly goes left straight out of my hand and goes nowhere. Now I own at least one and usually more of every mold that Vibram has put out. Maybe my disc is a reject, but I am severely dissapointed. Going back to my Lat River.

so I got 2 yellow traks, I also got 1 of the proto-treks.. not sure if it's because the proto is firm or what, but they definitely fly different. I have another regular run coming.. we'll see if the production flies like the proto. I'm not fond of having first runs or proto's in my bag, I hate having to pay top dollar if I lose a disc.

Posted in the Vibram thread, but will also post here. I bought a 167 Medium yellow Trak expecting great things and ended up with a overstable brick with no glide. It literaly goes left straight out of my hand and goes nowhere.

strange, i experienced the same thing with a couple traks me and a buddy were throwing the other day and trying out. one of them had a tiny bit more glide than the other, and the first was exactly as described. kinda disappointed after as much as i liked the ascent

I would not give up on them yet. My proto Firm Ascents started out like overstable bricks but after a week became really flippy. It was like a switch was thrown.

My experience with the yellow First Run puts them close to a Predator stability. I had decent glide but I am also spoiled by the River as my current go to Fairway driver.

I have two medium Ascents that fly predictably and just as described, so if these Traks keep this unexpected stability they can still complement the Ascent nicely, just differently than I originally intended. My tester Trek flew closer to a Leopard but still had a nice amount of LSS. Maybe these new Traks can beat into them.

I just threw my brand new 168 M Trak in the field next door along with my trusty 171 M Ascent.

The Trak was a little less stable than the Ascent and flew similarly glide wise. I really like the fact that it doesn't need a lot of room to work. It was straight flying with very little fade (less than my Ascent that fades forward, not hard left).

It goes in the bag.

As for glide... I live in DFW... it's 97 degrees, so just about everything glides.

i threw an orange with green speckles 168 xlink trak today a handfull of times. Predator-esque is on the money. Hope it does break in quick. yikes man. :\

I suppose that I'm the lucky one that bought the "as advertised" Trak. I bought it from discgolfstation.com if you want to go there. Great service and a great disc.

I took all nine of my Vibram discs out to a field today and my brother-in-law (about 280-300 foot power forearm thrower) just tossed them back and forth. After three full tossing sessions the yellow Traks do not seem to be losing any stability whatsoever. It is night and day between my testers and these yellow first run.

However, these yellow ones were incredibly predictable and easy to control. In effect my brother-in-law were simply playing catch like they were super-Ultimate Frisbees. It was very easy predicting the flight path of these yellow Traks, allowing me to always accurately judge the spot I would have to run to in order to catch them.

In all fairness, I only have had them out for one round at an actual course and about 45 minutes total out in the open field. I am hoping to sneak in a round or two each day this week. We will see what they are like after several rounds of accidentally hitting trees.

alright... here's my take on this disc...

i have a 168 xlink orange with dark green speckle. today in the 93 degree heat it was fairly floppy for a driver.

To benchmark, i can throw Strikers 350ft consistently, and can hyzer flip a 165 GL River on a low line to 300 accurately.

This Trak is something very strange, which may be a good thing. It's very flippy the instant it leaves your hand, but about 50 feet into flight it fades... and keeps fading. I don't know how else to explain, other than hyzerflipping a seasoned predator. If i throw it flat or anhyzer it turns over very fast. I have to throw it with hyzer for it to go anywhere beyond 200 ft. The fade is uber slow and very forward fading but i can't get this disc to hold a straight line for the life of me.

alright... here's my take on this disc...

i have a 168 xlink orange with dark green speckle. today in the 93 degree heat it was fairly floppy for a driver.

To benchmark, i can throw Strikers 350ft consistently, and can hyzer flip a 165 GL River on a low line to 300 accurately.

This Trak is something very strange, which may be a good thing. It's very flippy the instant it leaves your hand, but about 50 feet into flight it fades... and keeps fading. I don't know how else to explain, other than hyzerflipping a seasoned predator. If i throw it flat or anhyzer it turns over very fast. I have to throw it with hyzer for it to go anywhere beyond 200 ft. The fade is uber slow and very forward fading but i can't get this disc to hold a straight line for the life of me.

But "it holds any line" :rolleyes:

My Trak is a 168 orange with black specs. I throw it 300 - 325 straight. Very little side to side movement. It lands flat with no roll.

The closest thing I can compare it to is a brand new star Leopard (before they easily turn over). It flies faster than the Leopard. I'm very happy with it.

I'm moving toward a heavily Vibram bag. They need to release a mid.

welp that's reassuring to hear. I'll keep working it. Maybe it needs to hit a tree or two. I really like the grip. It is very comfortable. I need that fade to vanish. I just expected it to be a neutral flier like the advertisement suggests.

I really want to try one of these, but I hate how the vibram discs look. They are all really pale swirls of colors that would be impossible to find on the course.