• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Trak

Mine is a 167, so it is lighter weight. I dunno what I would compare it to, but my Trak has little to no high speed turn. Throw it flat, it stays flat and goes straight with minimal fade. Give it hyzer it will hold a hyzer, give it anhyzer it will turn a bit before fighting back and leveling out.

It's like it has a lot of HSS, but not a lot of LSS, so it stays flat and straight forever, but it doesn't fade hard like a lot of HSS discs might. It's a strange combination. I have an easier time turning my EagleX's than the Trak, but Eagles also fade harder.

This actually sounds pretty fun, then. Kind of a point and shoot. Could be good for some lines at my local course, where it can kill me if it fades off too much. Thanks for the insight!

I use a soft Trak on occasion and its a laser beam with a TL type fade. Easy to control and range. Its also pretty long from a stand still. Definitely fun to throw. Give the softies a chance.

This actually sounds pretty fun, then. Kind of a point and shoot. Could be good for some lines at my local course, where it can kill me if it fades off too much. Thanks for the insight!

Yeah there's really not much fade to it. In my experience it does have a little bit of turn, tracking right during the high speed portion of the flight. But then the fade on it is more of a forward glide that puts the disc straight out from where you were aiming.

That is where the softie shines. You can throw it basically flat, but put upward pressure on the disc and actually warp it when you throw and it will get some right turn to it. I found that easier than to throw the whole disc on an angle. Since its so floppy, it usually just went back to flat when thrown normally on an anhyzer. Same with the soft Ascent. Also, they will both fight back, the Ascent more so.

Since its so floppy, it usually just went back to flat when thrown normally on an Anhyzer. Same with the soft Ascent. Also, they will both fight back, the Ascent more so.

Granted I throw a firm and a medium Trak, but they both hold Anhyzer lines well for me. Especially the firm (I think the firm rubber actually beats in), which holds an Anhyzer all the way to the ground. The medium will fight back to flat sometimes but usually doesn't fade for me, just glides straight for a little.

Decided to pull the trigger on a medium from DGC, mostly because they don't have soft. If it makes the bag I'll probably pick up another, but thanks for all of your guys' info. I'm excited to try another brand.

I wish I hadn't traded away my ascent but I would love to try a trak as well. Wife has put me on hold from me buying new discs since I picked up some pro rhynos. But I would even get rid of one of those for some vibram!

Decided to pull the trigger on a medium from DGC, mostly because they don't have soft. If it makes the bag I'll probably pick up another, but thanks for all of your guys' info. I'm excited to try another brand.

How's your experience with the Trak been?

I liked the grip and feel in the hand, but it wasn't anything I could live without. Very similar to a TL for my 300-foot arm.

I love the durability of the medium vibram drivers. I've started getting a lot of turn with my trak but it may be some OAT sneaking back in. But it has taken a LOT of tree hits.

Is your Trak flat or domey? I have two mediums and one is very flat (think Buzzz flat), and the other is a little bit domey. The domey one flies kind of like a Teebird, and the flat one is fairly understable (but still controllable).

I've parked two tougher holes with a Trak I just recently put in the bag lately. It's like a slower, straighter Volt. Really, really liking it… especially the pink one I got, rather than the dull orange.

It responds really well to a smooth rip and coasts nicely.

The trak might be my favorite vibran disc...and I'm all vibram. If thrown hard it just glides right before a slight late fade. If thrown a little easier it is just stupid straight with very little fade. I am thinking about a lighter one for more turn.

Thread revival!

Seriously though, what's up with the Trak? What Innova molds does it fly similar to? Just the flight path, etc. I've got an opportunity to trade for one, just trying to decide whether to pull the trigger or not.

I think a TL with slightly more LSS new, but the LSS seems to beat out in the one I have that is weathered. I hear long leo thrown out alot when beat.

I like them alot, it is the one Vibram mold that is pretty consistently in my bag. Bigger arm guys seem to be able to get them to turn nicely.

Thread revival!

Seriously though, what's up with the Trak? What Innova molds does it fly similar to? Just the flight path, etc. I've got an opportunity to trade for one, just trying to decide whether to pull the trigger or not.

It really depends on your power. If you have a lot of power, then I'd say it'll turn once its beat-in. Otherwise, it'll fly like a TL or Teebird, if you're not throwing very powerful.

Infinite discs flight ratings: 7, 4, -1, 2
Joe's Universal flight chart ratings (gottagogottathrow): PWR 5, HSS -1, LSS 2, RTG 5

Here is some information I generated for a Vibram Birdie Bash I'm TDing at the end of the month:

*Rated as one of the BEST fairway drivers on the market currently by Infinite Discs *

SLOW and LONG... Vibram Disc Golf's second fairway driver, Trak, is a bit of an enigma; when thrown flat and with some power, its initial flight "tracks" to the right before beginning to fade, and then finishing to the left. The Trak will hold an anhyzer line or a hyzer line (whatever you want it to do). The Trak helps newer players realize their maximum distance potential off-the-tee, while more experienced players will appreciate the line-shaping capabilities as well as the excellent distance from the fairway, or in a tailwind. Named for the rubber track found on the bottom of Vibram boot soles, the Trak's grip and durability is what sets it apart from competitor's fairway drivers.

Attachments

• Trak Pokecard.jpg
    Trak Pokecard.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 34
I bought a firm Trak and the thing has absolutely 0 turn and fades hard. Wasn't impressed considering how it's advertised. My friend has a medium that seems much closer to spec.

I bought a firm Trak and the thing has absolutely 0 turn and fades hard. Wasn't impressed considering how it's advertised. My friend has a medium that seems much closer to spec.

Beat it in a bit and it will start to turn for you.

Okay, how long are you? Joe's Universal Flight Chart recommends 325-375' of power for 325'-375' output. The Leopard, by contrast, is 225-275' of power with 275-325' of output.

The Trak is not a leopard. It's a different beast. If you're looking for a Leopard replacement, I'd anticipate being disappointed, because it's a different disc.

Firms will beat-in more similar to plastic, because they have more plastic in them. Mediums beat-in more slowly over time. Haven't beaten in a soft yet, though I own 4-5 molds. I don't throw them enough to beat them in.

Latest posts