• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Videos of Pros

Just do me a favor and break out a protractor and look at your leg angle when you plant and look at the top pros, you should find that the pros angle should be a much higher number than yours (yous 110 degrees where a pro's angle woul be in the 140 degree range.. FYI you can think what you want but the longer the stride the more power. If you can't make it work that's on you, not the physics of throwing anything.

For instance Cat's angle in the above video is over 135 degrees, but maybe I am simply failing to convey this.

(jesper and feldberg are both known for long steps too)

attachment.php

attachment.php

im not seeing a 140 degree angle, and i'll be damned if I have a 110 degree angle step. you have never seen me throw, and a 110 degree angle would be about a 1.5 foot stride. That is tiny.

so, professor, how come a large step produces more power? The only thing I can see a step greater than say, 125-130 degrees doing is forcing weight back. Maybe this is the most powerful position to throw from?

tumblr_lt39fgwdra1r49mebo2_400.jpg

felberg kallstrom copy.jpg

jussi.jpg

(jesper and feldberg are both known for long steps too)

attachment.php

attachment.php

im not seeing a 140 degree angle, and i'll be damned if I have a 110 degree angle step. you have never seen me throw, and a 110 degree angle would be about a 1.5 foot stride. That is tiny.

so, professor, how come a large step produces more power? The only thing I can see a step greater than say, 125-130 degrees doing is forcing weight back. Maybe this is the most powerful position to throw from?

tumblr_lt39fgwdra1r49mebo2_400.jpg

View attachment 18878

View attachment 18879

I think if the latter photo was the typical position for a golf shot the sport would be much less popular.

Well in retrospect, the women's divisions would be watched heavily.

I tried a longer plant step today and got 50-75 more feet immediately. I'm not saying that I'm stepping as far as to produce a 140 degree angle, because I don't know, but I certainly benefited from taking as long a plant step as I could bring myself to take. It seems to help me get low and get my legs and core into the throw a lot more effectively. I think a lot of women are not accustomed to balancing with their feet that far apart, and it certainly takes a concious effort for me to step that far out.