• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Virginia DG Road Trips

FredVegasDGC

Double Eagle Member
I wanted to start a thread that any Virginia DCGR members could post up where they might be making a road trip to give any locals the heads up.

I'll start by letting anyone who's interested that I'll be heading down Sunday (7/10/11) morning to Louisa to play the new 9 hole course in Betty Queen Center park. I'm planning on getting there around 10 am.

Sunday is forecast to be a pretty nice day.

I was planning on playing the short 9 to learn the course and the long tee pads for the back 9. Getting some lunch somewhere & going back to play it again.

If your interested post it up or send me a PM.

Nice idea for a thread. I get around enough I might be able to meet up with some people. Sunday i'll be at the Nutsac tourney at Calvert, and then I'll be playing in the Tour De Richmond on the 30th and 31st of July. I'll make some posts when I know where i'm headed next.

I am 85% sure I am also going to the Nut sac stomp also *(giggles at tourney title like a 10 year old)

I wanted to start a thread that any Virginia DCGR members could post up where they might be making a road trip to give any locals the heads up.

I'll start by letting anyone who's interested that I'll be heading down Sunday (7/10/11) morning to Louisa to play the new 9 hole course in Betty Queen Center park. I'm planning on getting there around 10 am.

Sunday is forecast to be a pretty nice day.

I was planning on playing the short 9 to learn the course and the long tee pads for the back 9. Getting some lunch somewhere & going back to play it again.

If your interested post it up or send me a PM.

...course is still a bit rough, particularly a couple of tees... i'll try to get the map finished before then...

It's Sunday jrawk. I'm still hoping to make it out to this one before catching my flight back to NH.

I would try to get out and do some casual golf but unfortunately there is an event to be played every weekend. There is a doubles event going on in Richmond this weekend called Deuce or Die. 3 rounds from the short tees at Dorey. All you count is your ones and twos. I'll have to miss it this year because i'll be out of state at a "B" Tier.

fredvegas- i'm not getting the map done before tomorrow so here's the scoop... as you come into the compound the playground will be on your left... walk down the woodline next to the playground until you gt to the gap in the woods... hole 1 is in there... each basket has a cable tie or two attached to the top assembly directing you towards the next tee... watch out for bees around the long tee of 5, i think i killed them off but haven't been back out to check.

This Sunday July 17 is forecast for sunny skies & cooler temps in the mid-80's.

So this weekends trip will be to Walnut Creek Park. I'm going to try and get there around 10-11am for a morning round. Go get some lunch, relax and go back for an afternoon round before heading home.

Anyone is welcome to join me.

This Sunday July 17 is forecast for sunny skies & cooler temps in the mid-80's.

So this weekends trip will be to Walnut Creek Park. I'm going to try and get there around 10-11am for a morning round. Go get some lunch, relax and go back for an afternoon round before heading home.

Anyone is welcome to join me.

Prerubes... calling all Prerubes....

this trip has been in my to-do list far too long.

If you can get out to Liberty University's Course, you won't be disappointed. Falling Creek in Bedford is a good play. Walnut Creek is cool as well. Down into Richmond you have Bryan Park, Gillies and Dorey Park with a new one open at the University of Richmond as well. A course I was just able to play a couple of weeks ago for the first time was the one at Ferrum College. I loved it. Decently cool even on a hot day because if the wooded course. It is a long drive out there though.......

Just to clarify....

I downloaded the map to Walnut Creek and I have no intentions of playing the Disc Golf hero. Short tees to short pins for me....

My Disc Golf pride was crushed in to a fine powder years ago. I want to have fun now.

Just to clarify....

I downloaded the map to Walnut Creek and I have no intentions of playing the Disc Golf hero. Short tees to short pins for me....

My Disc Golf pride was crushed in to a fine powder years ago. I want to have fun now.

you won't have a choice on pins for the most part...

If you make the trip to Ferrum College, might as well plan for a round at Sontag (10 miles away). Sontag is a Championship caliber course with red,white and blue tees. then about 25 miles south in Martinsville is J.Frank Wilson Park with pretty neat pitch & putt course. Danville has done lots of work the their 18 basket course lately, also a 9 basket on site. If you make the trip to deep Southside VA, hit us up and we might be able to meet you for a rd or 2.

Latest posts