• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

volts or teebird

eric40817

* Ace Member *
First of all, I could be dead wrong, but I could have sworn that I saw somewhere that the Volt was supposed to be a 9 speed... something like a 9/5/-1/1... maybe Im pulling that out of nowhere. Discgolfcenter has it a 7/5/0/2. I know its still very early to get a majority verdict on this, but does anyone think the volt is going to be a marked up Teebird or is there any reason to consider pulling the trigger if I already have a few TBs? :confused:

solid advice. :clap: sorry I bothered you with a question you felt so obligated to chime in on.

I just got a volt in today and I love teebirds. Haven't thrown the volt yet, but just by initial inspection of the disc, it is pancake flat. Like ce firebird flat. That should make a pretty big difference. Just saying.

I haven't thrown a Volt, so take that for what it's worth. But by every indication on here the Volt is much more versatile out of the box than a Teebird, so you should be OK to pick one up. If you don't like it, it will be easy to sell on the Marketplace.

Volt is a 9 speed, DGC has it labeled wrong. It can power down and be thrown like a teebird well though.

Volt is a 9 speed, DGC has it labeled wrong. It can power down and be thrown like a teebird well though.

Thats what I thought!! Thanks bl1nk. Ill probably wait until I can try one from my buddys shop before buying one, but it sounds like its (supposed to be) a nice utility disc that could be in the bag for many different roles. I wouldnt replace any of my teebirds with one, but its make more appearances than a TB on the windier days. Everything I read between users and the marketing, makes me feel that it might be a valkyteebird!

get a volt, if you dont like it i will buy it from you.

The Volt would be compliment a stable Champ/Star Teebird really well. I'd call the TB speed 8 and the Volt speed 9, so there's not a huge difference in speed.

This is marshall st had to say about it...

As official MVP testers, we received two Neutron Volts about a week before the release of this much anticipated control driver from Chad & Brad Richardson, the two 20-something brothers behind MVP's positive chemistry.

Peter Bean and I tested both the 171 and 175 Volt, and agreed it's a Speed 8 or 9 driver with neutral stability, and particularly well suited for tight-S-curving 300-foot drives, either forehand or backhand.

Comfortable in the hand, predictable in its flight, and visually electric, the Volt, during our little practice session, seemed particularly easy to throw. In fact, throwing this disc back and forth gave both Peter and me the odd sensation of being really good at disc golf.

Which is crazy talk. Or isn't. The Volt's silky smooth flight could be the result of concentrating more of the disc's weight in the outer edge to make it spin faster, as MVP explains on its website. Then again, maybe it flies so well because it's pretty.

i usually cannot throw BH well at all. I was throwing the best BH of my life with the volt. Loved it so much i ordered a backup already, and i dont buy backups

I'm starting to think I bought some kind of fluke Volt. My yellow 174g Volt is nowhere near the stability of a TeeBird. Mine flies more like my seasoned Sidewinder. If I put any real power into this Volt it flips up and carries a nice smooth anny line. I want to find some other Volt owners to compare, but I think mine sounds fairly unique.

I'm starting to think I bought some kind of fluke Volt. My yellow 174g Volt is nowhere near the stability of a TeeBird. Mine flies more like my seasoned Sidewinder. If I put any real power into this Volt it flips up and carries a nice smooth anny line. I want to find some other Volt owners to compare, but I think mine sounds fairly unique.

How is your plh/dome? Pancake flat, mild dome?

It's probably a micro amount of OAT on your release which will probably go away as you get used to the feel of the release with the Volt. I posted earlier about this, but all my Volts seemed less stable when I first threw them than they do now that I've been throwing them for a couple weeks. Anything is possible though...If it is the disc, I'd like one.

I think you should post this in some more threads.

How is your plh/dome? Pancake flat, mild dome?

This. I don't know if you have another to compare it to to check. I took a closer look at mine, and the more stable one is flatter, and (probably more importantly) the edge of the rim sits a little higher in relation to the bottom of the wing.

Must be getting close to Winter. Everyone is testy these days.

Post wherever you'd like. No harm done.

Or maybe I should bitch at discspeed and mikeC for posting there detailed reviews on multiple sites???