• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Spinal Tap Backpack is Here

There'll probably be some problem with the manufacturer/sewer and the bag won't pass Voodoo's quality control standards and you guys will wait along with all of us other people who preordered other bags :p

... totally wouldn't be surprised that none of that happens though. Voodoos got a pretty good thing going and their problem will just be trying to keep them in stock.

There'll probably be some problem with the manufacturer/sewer and the bag won't pass Voodoo's quality control standards and you guys will wait along with all of us other people who preordered other bags :p

... totally wouldn't be surprised that none of that happens though. Voodoos got a pretty good thing going and their problem will just be trying to keep them in stock.

Just noticing a problem that big before shipping out to customers? I would hope they had them in stock a little sooner than that, and if so, publicly announced it already. I don't know how many preorders they have, but I'm guessing a lot. A week buffer to receive from manufacturer and then turn around and get them packaged to ship out to your customers is a tight squeeze IMO.

Just noticing a problem that big before shipping out to customers? I would hope they had them in stock a little sooner than that, and if so, publicly announced it already. I don't know how many preorders they have, but I'm guessing a lot. A week buffer to receive from manufacturer and then turn around and get them packaged to ship out to your customers is a tight squeeze IMO.

That is why they closed pre orders quickly, so they could guarantee a bag to everyone that pre ordered no matter what.

Hey, anyone is ready for this? Of course, included me, I am very antsy to have them on my back and to go!

P.S. I am on #609th from the pre-orders...

644 is my order number on Voodoo's website. I preordered.

I am pretty sure that isn't the 644th spinal tap on the list though. With such a huge bag market, I don't think 644 people ordered a spinal tap...I could be wrong though.

Totem brown is the color.

thanks.....just learned that, after I read thru page 5 thru 14 on here...

:doh:

really like the concept of a slightly bigger GRIP. I tried the GRIP on when I was last in DN and it felt small. I guess I always like being OVER prepared when I golf. The SPINAL looks like plenty of room for me and I like the features that Feldberg showed in the Proto video.

I don't have the $$$, but will be trying this or the Mahal after I see more in person.

The Grip Large Tour Bag is $200, If you want a "signature edition" it's $300 and if you want a "Special Edition" it's $260. So if all of the colors of the Voodoo bag are $200 they then beat Grip on the price point for colored bags. (That's the only difference I see in the signature edition and special edition bags if someone has one and can point out why they're worth $100 more than the black version I'd love to know)

So if you want a black one buy the grip. If you want colors buy the voodoo. Problems solved.

I've been wondering that myself. Why should a colored bag cost a customer $100 more? I could see maybe $20 more but $100 is a downright rip-off. Because of that I've been waiting for another company to come out with a comparable backpack bag and I think the voodoo is it. Even though the voodoos are 250 they're made in the US, which makes my decision for me. Don't get me wrong, I can buy things made overseas, but not a disc bag! :doh:

I believe the black Grips are made overseas whereas the special and signature editions are made in America. While the production costs are probably not $60-100 more expensive, I'm sure they're considerably higher. From what I understand there are some tweaks to them too (again, not enough to justify the cost).

The other thing to consider is that people pay those prices. Why drop the cost when your bag already sells out so quickly?

From my understanding the signature edition grip bags benefit the pros who's names are on them. More of a fundraiser bag than anything.

And yeah, tbird is right about the large bags being made overseas and the others made here.