• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Spinal Tap Backpack is Here

18 inches includes the bottle holders. Plan on 13-14 inches for discs.

At first glace I thought that was 2 inches or so wider than the Grip (bottle holders included). But I just measured my Grip and it was right at 18 inches.

Wonder how you can get 10 more discs in the Spinal Tap over the Grip.

At first glace I thought that was 2 inches or so wider than the Grip (bottle holders included). But I just measured my Grip and it was right at 18 inches.

Wonder how you can get 10 more discs in the Spinal Tap over the Grip.

The main is wider than the inside of a Grip from what I can tell. Plus the side pockets can fit discs, where the Grip pockets can't.

The main is wider than the inside of a Grip from what I can tell. Plus the side pockets can fit discs, where the Grip pockets can't.

But the bottle holders on the Spinal Tap go out father than their side pockets. Then if the main pocket is bigger than the Grip (and side pockets look about the same...just deeper on the Spinal Tap) I can't see 18 inches.
I'll just have to wait until mid-May to find out.

I'm hoping it's only 18 inches across because I'm not a big guy and I like the size of the Grip on my back perfectly. Just want to be able to store 3-4 more discs and more non-disc storage. So I'm pulling for the Spinal Tap to do that....I just can't see the math in it now.

Orrrrrrr maybe the 18 inches is the tapered part up on the top of the bag. It wasn't specified... :popcorn:

Shane mentioned on page 42 that it does include the bottle holders.
Judging by the stream of the Memorial, it seemed a few inches wider than a Grip on Feldberg's caddy. Which is why I'm a bit confused there.

Nice bag!

I was able to check one out at the St Patty's Classic this weekend. First off, the bag is big! Looking at it on the ground, it seemed like it would weigh a ton, however once I put it on it fealt amazingly light. I have a green Mojo with 17 discs and it definitely feels heavier than the Spinal Tap(blue) on my back. I don't know exactly how many discs he was carrying but I'd guess around 20. He had to put a towel in with his discs because there was still a large gap to fill in the main section. I can see this being great for major DG trips where you don't know what you'll encounter so you are able to stock up fat. I was told that there were some modifications that were being planned so this must have been one of the prototypes but still an awesome bag to say the least.

Spinal Tap: :thmbup:

how is the roll cage on this bag built anyone know?

Hey folks,

Just as a reminder tonight is the last night for you to slide in a preorder for a Spinal Tap. Last call is @ 12:00am pst. Thanks for all your support.

VDG-

Update from the Voodoo webpage.

"Pre-ordered Spinal Taps will be shipped May 15-17th.
At that time, waiting lists may be purchased on first come first serve basis.
Thanks VDG"

Glad that they are on time and willing to confirm it.

Anyone who hasn't seen it yet, feldberg did a review of the spinal tap on YouTube.
I search voodoo disc golf and the video came up. He's reviewing a green one.

Can't wait for my totem brown to finally arrive.

I think this bag should be a little closer to the $200-$225 range. I'm willing to pay that much if I have it but I can't see this elite pricing range lasting long after the hype is gone.