• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Spinal Tap Backpack is Here

For anyone who thinks this is a grip knock off, how different does a backpack bag need to look? How similar are every other non backpack bag out there? This is what happens when the internet hype machine runs wild, homers get their hopes up and let their imaginations take over until its unveiled and then.... theyre obviously let down because its not whatever theyd been day dreaming about. Some of that could be put on Voodoo, but honestly, grow up. If you dont like it, dont buy it. Its a little plain Jane, but all their bags are. Why so surprised?

lol at some of you guys trying to justify your future purchase.

It looks like a grip bag, which looks like a backpack; big deal. Keep the "but this one has better padding" or "the stitching was done by only the most skilled children" to yourself unless you have actually fondled the product.

For anyone who thinks this is a grip knock off, how different does a backpack bag need to look? How similar are every other non backpack bag out there? This is what happens when the internet hype machine runs wild, homers get their hopes up and let their imaginations take over until its unveiled and then.... theyre obviously let down because its not whatever theyd been day dreaming about. Some of that could be put on Voodoo, but honestly, grow up. If you dont like it, dont buy it. Its a little plain Jane, but all their bags are. Why so surprised?

Yes...I expected a backpack, with backpack straps.
But Upper Park Designs thought outside the traditional "Grip like" DG backpack. So did Big Hyzer Bags with the Ergo. I was hoping for something less traditional (Grip, Flak, Contender, etc).

lol at some of you guys trying to justify your future purchase.

It looks like a grip bag, which looks like a backpack; big deal. Keep the "but this one has better padding" or "the stitching was done by only the most skilled children" to yourself unless you have actually fondled the product.

:popcorn:

You can even tell Voodoo is sensitive to the "Grip like" comparisons. The don't respond to any FB comments until someone says it looks like a Grip. Then they are snarky and respond with "So, that means it looks like a back pack?"

Which makes me want to get one.

To be honest, and I hate to say it, but I really AM waiting for a video review now... :eek:

Curious how much it weighs with discs? The only time I picked up a Prodiscus it appeared heavier than the Grip Bags with 20 discs.

Agreed. I was thinking the same. More haters, more chances that I'll be able to get one of them in coming 1st run:thmbup:

Man I'd like to see what's behind that putter pocket. A nice big pocket up there would be nice. So what it may look like a grip, but all backpack bags will resemble a grip or revo in some fashion.

A red one would be mighty fine, thankfully glide carries voodoo bags so eventually I will be able to compare the grip side by side. They have a great reputation for quality and top notch materials.

Who's hating? I have yet to see one militantly negative comment. What makes me chuckle is the people defending against the "haters" are getting more worked up than the people they're trying to say need to calm down.

If I can fit a thick hoodie comfortably somewhere in this bag unlike I can in my grip...I'm sold. I have a feeling this bag will be a lot more comfortable and have some interesting storage options. We shall see O_O

I'll be very curious about the weight of these bags. My Mojo was built like a tank and subsequently weighed approximately the same.

I said a p p r o x i m a t e l y. :rolleyes:

It is going to be such a pain in the a*s to get these.
tumblr_m5a5kdoVcw1r9prsfo1_250.gif

If I can fit a thick hoodie comfortably somewhere in this bag unlike I can in my grip...I'm sold. I have a feeling this bag will be a lot more comfortable and have some interesting storage options. We shall see O_O

I'm convinced there's a full top compartment hiding up there. Plus with 3/4" back padding, it should be pretty comfortable.

Am I the only one who thinks these are worse color options than a grip? It's basically one solid color like a Jansport. I personally think all of the two tone grips (every one besides the black) look a ton better color wise.