• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Spinal Tap Backpack is Here

Voodoo will have my money if the second run of these bags are bred with a Grip bag.

The combination of a ST and a Grip would be phenomenal.

When i first saw this bag, i thought it is the ultimate backpack bag, then i tried it on and noticed that while comforatable it was not as comfortable as i remember my friend's grip bag feeling. Which i thought had a lot to do with the straps, Voodoo fots like an old jansport School Back pack, and The grip felt more like a Under armor hiking back pack. (I'm also a tall, lanky dude, and have noticed that the certain bags like the prodiscus might be more comfortable for the bigger guys). I'm still doing research and on both the new grip and the Voodoo ST. Sounds like Voodoo wasn't ready to go to a backpack bag when it was released with all the failures i'm reading on here. I also saw that they will be closed for liek 2 weeks starting today. Which to me sounds like they are overwhelmed... I think i'm going to hold off on the Spinal tap for a while til i hear better news. Still looking into the new Grip

Mine ripped, and was repaired in a week and a half. I was pleasantly surprised. No issues since then.

What I want is a Mojo sized backpack offering. The ST is slightly larger than a Karma in capacity and it's too much bag for me.

What I want is a Mojo sized backpack offering. The ST is slightly larger than a Karma in capacity and it's too much bag for me.

I'd buy the smaller version if they had one. I'd use the smaller one for every day rounds, when I'm working on shots. Then use the big one the week before a tournament and the day of!

I called VooDoo and I have a return shipping box on the way. The said I should only expect a 2 week turn around or so on the repair.

For those interested, my bag is brown.

Also, Voodoo told me that the issue was with their manufacturer and that the ones that pulled apart at the seam were just not sewn into the "bulk of the fabric". Voodoo said that this issue has been corrected on all bags going out now and they will repair any current bags with the issue.

Just sent my email in today got an "out of the office for the holidays" auto reply.

My right strap is starting to tear and the zipper on the upper pocket is defective.

I have faith things will be made right, I'm just hoping for a speedy turnaround.

mine hit the mail today... back to the karma for a while I suppose. it is a great back, but as with any bag that style, I can feel it in my back after a long day

Good to hear about the manufacturing error being tracked down and resolved for future purchases.

After seeing my buddy S.Cann's brown ST, definitely throwing it in the hat for a backpack I'll get at the end of the year, along with the Grip and maybe the Skirmish, just not sure if I need to carry so many discs.

Ugh. One of the rear "loops" on the back of the bag that the rain fly connects to failed yesterday. And my left shoulder seam where the strap meets the bag (the shoulder strap I use for one shoulder carries on short walks) is starting to seperate. I guess I'm returning mine for warranty work this week.

me too...

so shoulder seams r holding so far, lil frayn, but my rain fly loops r gonna go first i think. also noticing that the bottom of bag ( which supposed to be durable material) is starting to wear quickly....really bummed that for the $ there are so many issues w this bag, shoulda gone grip a series.... warranty or not im not recommending this bag to ppl anymore. just happy i didnt sell my old innova champ bag..... that thing will never die!!!

grrrrrrr....

i had the trifecta of issues w my ST....not only did my shoulder strap rip, and my rain fly loop frayed but my chair holder ripped completely off.....sent in for warranty today, we'll c how it holds up once returned.....WILL NOT RECOMMEND.....:wall:

i had the trifecta of issues w my ST....not only did my shoulder strap rip, and my rain fly loop frayed but my chair holder ripped completely off.....sent in for warranty today, we'll c how it holds up once returned.....WILL NOT RECOMMEND.....:wall:

This makes me slightly happy I didn;t go all coolaid and get one of these.

What made my decision not to go with this bag is the confidence the company has in its product...in other words warranty.

VooDoo - 5 years
Grip - Lifetime
Hyzer Bomb - Lifetime
Big Hyzer - Lifetime

that right there tells you the quality to expect.

I have a Simian and love it, but when it's super hot lugging that thing around is intense. Doesn't weight much, just boxy.

Latest posts