• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vortex Basket by Arroyo Disc Sports

It's the Grip Equipment of basket design! Though hopefully without the shoddy manufacturing in the initial run.

JimW said:
It's the Grip Equipment of basket design! Though hopefully without the shoddy manufacturing in the initial run.

Exactly what I was thinking. lol.

These look like great baskets! I remember when the buzz was around the Spider baskets. I wonder how these compare.

Hey guys,
My name is Kyle Hughes Co-Founder of Arroyo Disc Sports and one of the designers of the Vortex Basket (on the left side of the basket in the photo). Over the past couple months we have been doing a couple design tweaks and quality control tests in order to ensure the best possible product. It has taken longer than we had originally anticipated but I would just like to thank everyone for being patient with us through this process. We are a young company with big plans to grow the sport for the future and are eager for everyone to try out the new basket. 2012 will be a big year for us so please keep an eye out and spread the word about Arroyo Disc Sports.

Please check out our website www.arroyodiscsports.com for more information about the Vortex.

For more current updates Like our Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Arroyo-Disc-Sports/117880968276400

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Kyle Hughes
Co-Founder
Arroyo Disc Sports

I recently talked with I believe Kyle and Kevin at a recent tournament in the Phoenix area and was lucky enough to putt for a long while on their basket while chatting with them. They not only were very nice and knowledgeable individuals but the basket spoke for itself. I honestly witnessed a noticeable difference in how the disc hits the chains and just dies and falls into the basket. I was thoroughly impressed and hope that they continue to make headway and take over with their innovative design.

carlitocal said:
I recently talked with I believe Kyle and Kevin at a recent tournament in the Phoenix area and was lucky enough to putt for a long while on their basket while chatting with them. They not only were very nice and knowledgeable individuals but the basket spoke for itself. I honestly witnessed a noticeable difference in how the disc hits the chains and just dies and falls into the basket. I was thoroughly impressed and hope that they continue to make headway and take over with their innovative design.

That was Logan and Kevin you talked to, unfortunately I had to work that weekend and couldn't make the trip to AZ. I'm glad to hear you liked the basket, please spread the word.

Kyle@ArroyoDS said:
...we have been doing a couple design tweaks and quality control tests in order to ensure the best possible product...

Good to hear. Just out of curiosity, what was the weakest link in your initial design that required more revision? I personally always wondered how well the links that hold the diamond weave together on the inner assembly would do over a lot of time and use. Also, the lighter metal presents an interesting balance between performance, durability, corrosivity, etc., and you have to balance these issues.

Anyways, I'm 110% behind this innovative design. Good to see you're going to come out swinging in 2012.

I know the PDGA changed a spec requirement on them. In accordance with the No Wedgie rule that started last year, they wanted the grid spacing on the tray to be tighter to make wedgies much less likely to begin with. So ADS had to change that to get approved for Championship Level Play.