• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Wasp vs. Buzzz

MonkeyShine

Par Member
I've been looking for a midrange that flies like a Buzzz but that can handle a headwind, and I'd like to throw Discraft, so I'm a little disappointed that the Wasp doesn't seem to fly any different than a Buzzz.

Has anyone else had this experience? A Wasp just flips too easily for me, so I throw a Roc3 if I want to throw harder. Wasp is rated 1.5, Buzzz OS is 1.7 and it's a meat hook. Am I missing something?

It's kind of scary how similar Wasps and Buzzzes are. While I know they're both from the same mold in general, I figured the bead would add some extra stability.

Have you looked at a seasoned Drone? For being so overstable when fresh, it's amazing how far they fly as they get beat.

You might want to try the Hornet, even though it's going OOP. It's more overstable than the Buzzz, and it has a good flight to it. If you like it, stock up on 'em before they go away...

Hornet is the way to go. It is beadless and is sneaky long, almost as long as a buzzz but will finish harder left. I fell in love with the ESP, but those I have found to be hard to come by.

I have a few Z I'd be willing to part with, pm me if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've never had a Wasp that flew like a Buzzz. I don't like beads though, so a lighter weight Big Z Buzzz OS does the trick for me.

Wasp would be the next step up. Then hornet. Then drone. The buzz os flies like none of them and just dumps hard, where the others mentioned at least are capable of gettin some D.

Maybe try a Ledgestone Wasp if you're looking for a Wasp with more wind fighting ability.

You might want to try the Hornet, even though it's going OOP. It's more overstable than the Buzzz, and it has a good flight to it. If you like it, stock up on 'em before they go away...

I had a couple of Hornets but they never took with me, I don't know why 🤔

I never found wasps to fly like buzzes.

Maybe you got a dud or something else is going on. A nice and flat wasp is easily as overstable as a roc3, based on the few roc3 that i've thrown, if not more.

Maybe I'm trying to throw it harder since I expect it to take more power and I'm torquing it over.

What's the plastic type and age of each? I use a Z wasp and a pearly buzzz. The wasp isn't as old and hasn't gotten as beat as the Buzzz. For me these disc are very different. The buzz is laser straight and the wasp finishes with a moderate fade.

I have never thrown a Roc3 more overstable than any of my Wasps. I admit I don't really know how Buzzzes fly, but I though they were at most as stable, if not less stable than Roc3s. Not saying you are making anything up, but I would never call a Wasp flippy.

Ive never had a flippy wasp. I also only bag a wasp as my OS slot for mids. I trust it in wind, and ones I dont I disc up to my drivers. Wasp can handle winds.

Some of my friends drone or zone it with success. They do tend to be the people with sloppier form and rely on the stability to even out their errors.

Throw it exactly how you throw your Buzzz, they throw very similar to each other. If you crank on a Wasp and give it OAT it will flip, but with a clean shot it should hold a straight to fade line no problem. If its a form issue you'll want to correct that even if you do switch to another mold in the long run.

Throw it exactly how you throw your Buzzz, they throw very similar to each other. If you crank on a Wasp and give it OAT it will flip, but with a clean shot it should hold a straight to fade line no problem. If its a form issue you'll want to correct that even if you do switch to another mold in the long run.

I get the impression now from all the replies that might be what I'm doing. I never really crank on a Buzzz, so I might just need to throw it more.

What's the plastic type and age of each? I use a Z wasp and a pearly buzzz. The wasp isn't as old and hasn't gotten as beat as the Buzzz. For me these disc are very different. The buzz is laser straight and the wasp finishes with a moderate fade.

I've thrown both brand new and slightly used Z Wasp, as well as a moderately beat Ti Wasp. I'm guessing there is something about the rim shape or the way I grip it that is giving me different results. I've just flipped these things too many times to not wonder wether it was me or just the disc. Back to field testing I guess....