• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wearing a Wedding ring while throwing LHBH

Lefty here and never had a problem with wearing my ring. Although my righty buddy that just got married says wearing his ring throws off his game now. (like that's really the problem)

Probably just because he can't go as often now.

Another lefty here who's never had a problem with it snagging on a disc or coming off after 16+ years of marriage. I throw LHBH, using a power grip on most tee shots and field throws and a fan grip (with index finger on the rim) for putting/short approaches. It may help that my ring is on the smaller/thinner side and has a curved rather than flat profile though.

Yeah, LHBH here and no problems at all with wearing a ring. In my case, I'm not sure I could take it off if I try (27+ years), but it also does not get in the way....

RHBH, but I've always removed my ring when I played. It fits a bit big so I was always concerned it would slide off and I wouldn't notice it. (Titanium is crazy light.)

My wife bought me a QALO silicone ring this past father's day and it's become my daily wedding ring because it's so much more comfortable.

I've worn mine for 52 years, throw RHBH and leave it on when playing disc golf, but have to be careful when it's cold outside as hands shrink from the cold and my ring becomes more loose. Interesting story, I lost mine at a swimming pool years ago when I was coaching a girls softball team and we had a swimming party. Left my name and phone number with the person working at the pool when we left and lo and behold they called me about a month later, on our wedding anniversary day, to inform me that they had found it and I could come and pick it up. Kind of cool!

I don't wear my ring when playing sports or going to the gym. Although it's probably irrational, I don't wear it during those activities because I'm worried that it might fall off or I might lose it somehow. Plus it feels a little awkward throwing with the disc contacting it on my hand.

Latest posts