• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wearing a Wedding ring while throwing LHBH

For what it is worth, I stopped wearing my ring a few years into my marriage. Currently sitting at 22 years.

I just could never get used to it. I was always taking it off, and after the umpteenth time of leaving it on my keyboard at work and not knowing for sure that is where I left it, I just stopped wearing it.

I thought it would affect play for me, but I was pleasantly surprised to learn that it doesn't.

I think it's possible that the ring can interfere when using a fan grip, because everybody is a little different with how much over/under the disc they grip (aka where the disc "sits" in your palm).

With a power grip it shouldn't affect it, even on wide rimmed drivers. If that part of your ring finger touches the disc when power gripping then likely your thumb position is too close to the center for optimal power anyway.

I'm right handed and I don't wear my wedding ring when I play. Ever spend an hour trying to help your panicked friend try to search an entire park for a wedding ring? I'm not taking any chances on being on the other side of that. :|

Jewelry huh? hopefully your husband wont mind if you take it off for a round of disc golf.

Last edited:
I've been married just over 20 years, my Wife nor Myself don't even wear our rings anymore. They are both at the house where they can't get lost or forgotten to be put back on after taking them off.

They are custom made titanium ones I had a bike frame builder do for us, Yeah...I was in way before gold alternatives were trendy.

What ever you do...DO NOT LOSE IT!

Last edited:
Just to even out the sentiments for fun (not that I judge anyone's life choices, do what makes you happy)...

I love being married, and I like wearing my wedding ring. Real talk, no shame.

I only play around in the field throwing lefty, but I don't trust my ring to stay on even than. A little sweat and you are going to spend time searching. I'd play it safe and swa it to your other hand for the round or take it off altogether.

i've lost two wedding bands throwing lhbh.

the first time it happened was heartbreaking. the second time made me realize that i should have backups like cycling rocs lol.

now i switch the ring to my right hand in the car before stepping out to the course.

Here's a new suggestion: Put in in your bag/glove compartment.

I'm left handed but I throw RHBH for some strange reason.

Been married 22 years and I never take the damn ring off. Most of the time I'm not even aware of it. I'm not even sureif I could take it off at this point, may have to cut it if I ever divorce.

You'll get used to it too.

I throw mostly LHFH, still learning LHBH, but throughout I've either taken the ring off or put it on my right hand during the round.

Already on ring #2 - smaller than the first one (found ring #1 about a month after I lost it, so at least I have a backup). Especially during the Maine fall/winter where my hands get cold, that sucker likes to slip off without me noticing.

Never adjusted to the ring, used to take it off for golf and almost lose it. Now it stays off.

Took it off for the first few months...had a big event the week after the wedding and just couldnt do it. Now I dont even notice.

How did I get to play DG across the other side of the country a week after the wedding, now thats a story. Basically, it was a surprise wedding and sold her on the idea that 'no one will even think its a wedding fir a second if they know Im going away 5 days later for DG!' Worked a treat (oh and I proposed on a course, and we now own a course).

I suggest taking it off. I had to help a guy look for a wedding ring one time. He ended up having to rent a metal detector and it took him 4 hours with it to find it. Fortunately for us righties we don't have to deal with that!

Lefty here and never had a problem with wearing my ring. Although my righty buddy that just got married says wearing his ring throws off his game now. (like that's really the problem)