• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Went from Zero Birdies to Two!!!

Pymm

* Ace Member *
Got my first birdie ever today on hole 14 at Guilford Meadows and then got my second one on 17! What a great feeling. Finished 9 over for my new personal best. Threw my River and TL for most of the day and putted well. Perfect weather with good friends who also played really well. What a great morning doing one of my favorite things!

Good on ya! Birdies are the crack that keep you coming back. Then you eventually hit an ace and all the sudden you're like a heroin addict....buying plastic and calling in sick to work just to bang chains. Constantly checking weather updates, texting your friends about when they're free for a round, downloading different scorekeeping apps and checking in to disc golf courses miles away from your house on Facebook. It's an addiction, bro. Disc golf is an addiction and you need to think of your family. It's just a game...don't let it ruin your life.

Just kidding. Welcome aboard! :)

Good on ya! Birdies are the crack that keep you coming back. Then you eventually hit an ace and all the sudden you're like a heroin addict....buying plastic and calling in sick to work just to bang chains. Constantly checking weather updates, texting your friends about when they're free for a round, downloading different scorekeeping apps and checking in to disc golf courses miles away from your house on Facebook. It's an addiction, bro. Disc golf is an addiction and you need to think of your family. It's just a game...don't let it ruin your life.

Just kidding. Welcome aboard! :)

He is not kidding...it almost happened to me :doh:.

just started playing again last summer and birdies seemed like a stretch. now I'm getting them all the time. and off to bag two new (to me) 18-hole courses today.

I guess it's just recreational until you buy your second bag...:)

Two Birdies is awesome!

attachment.php

You know what is even better?

More Birdies!

KXrBct78FKmZbvuZF651fGdQ2RixiaeH_lg.jpg

Welcome to the addiction!

Congrats! :hfive:

I'm still waiting on my first. It will come...it's no more **** luck than the 85' par putt I hit today, LEFT HANDED!

Got my first birdie ever today on hole 14 at Guilford Meadows and then got my second one on 17! What a great feeling. Finished 9 over for my new personal best. Threw my River and TL for most of the day and putted well. Perfect weather with good friends who also played really well. What a great morning doing one of my favorite things!

Great disc choices for a beginner! I love my Teebirds and have a TL incoming.

this thread is great. Its a reminder of how amazing this sport is and how much we (I) love it. Sometimes, after playing for years and moving up to the open ranks, it can be easy to forget to have fun.

Thanks for posting OP and congratulations!

Last edited:
this thread is great. Its a reminder of how amazing this sport is and how much we (I) love it. Sometimes, after playing for years and moving up to the open ranks, it can be easy to forget to have fun.

Thanks for posting OP and congratulations!

Thank you and for all who posted congrats. I love that about this community; people are supportive and eager to help others improve!