• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside discs announced!

The Hatchet is about the only one of the new drivers that is in my wheelhouse, so naturally I'm interested, but it has the exact same numbers as the Fury. So what do you think the difference is? Dimensions may be slightly different I guess?

might be kind of like a faster version of the new vision mold

After recently trying a King, i know one thing about Westside discs. I don't necessarily trust their flight ratings for turn and fade.

After recently trying a King, i know one thing about Westside discs. I don't necessarily trust their flight ratings for turn and fade.

Try some of their other discs, this seems to only be an issue with the King. But yeah, Westside needs to change some of their numbers.

Try some of their other discs, this seems to only be an issue with the King. But yeah, Westside needs to change some of their numbers.

I'd add Tursas and Stag to that list.. both of them are much more straighter than the flight ratings tell.

I'd add Tursas and Stag to that list.. both of them are much more straighter than the flight ratings tell.

This. Every other disc seems to fly fairly true to the flight numbers, at least as much as any manufacturer does. Kings, Stags, and Tursas numbers' are all jacked up.

That being said, Kings were in my bag for a long time as my max distance discs. Solid disc even if the numbers lie.

If the Sorcerers numbers are true, then I'm highly interested. It would be like a seasoned Giant.

Westside rates the Sword to be 12-5-0-2 and the Sorcerer to be 13-6-0-2. If the Sorcerer does turn out to be a faster, glidey-er Sword I will be very interested. Especially if it's widely available in VIP Air.

Hatchet, eh? Yes please. TP, 167g, bright pink, with Finnish text. Oh boy, oh boy... er, (rationalization coming)I mean if it flies as advertised, it will fill a hole in my bag that blah, blah, blah.

"Westside VIP World pre-release on 1 December 2013

Subject to PDGA approval, we are launching a limited run of 1000 Westside VIP Worlds to Christmas markets. Regular release of this disc is planned to be in March 2014 so if you want one earlier, December 1 is your change. The shippings start in mid-november. We have reserved 850 discs for United States and 150 discs for Europe, because of much colder European weather at that time. It is likely these 1000 discs will sell out very quickly. On the same day, we release also BT Hard Swan 2's."

Ahh yeeah Hard Swans! And Worlds for people who want them..

Dunno that was the message from Westsides website. Probs from same places you usually order westside stuff.

HARD swan2s!???!

This is goooooood. I honestly don't know what I'll carry though! I like carrying 2 swans, and have always kept one beat up Eco1 and one fairly fresh BT (before BT came out just a fresher Eco1). With the release of a hard, I'm not sure if I'll have to add a disc to the bag or remove the BT. I love the way that Eco1 beats into a soft velvety putter for close range. A firmer one with the same texture would be great for driving.

"Westside VIP World pre-release on 1 December 2013

Subject to PDGA approval, we are launching a limited run of 1000 Westside VIP Worlds to Christmas markets. Regular release of this disc is planned to be in March 2014 so if you want one earlier, December 1 is your change. The shippings start in mid-november. We have reserved 850 discs for United States and 150 discs for Europe, because of much colder European weather at that time. It is likely these 1000 discs will sell out very quickly. On the same day, we release also BT Hard Swan 2's."

Ahh yeeah Hard Swans! And Worlds for people who want them..
I am so getting on that Hatchet preorder as soon as it opens up

I was always a sword stamp fan and the hatchet delivers as well.