• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Longbowman

Well mine are on the way from Infinite. Likely be at my door tomorrow. I'll throw it against a Teebird and a PD and get back to you.

This disc has me quite intrigued. I don't think I will pick one up as they seem very similar in terms of initial flight numbers to the Tyrant, however.

I'd be seriously concerned if that rim was a 1.7 instead of 1.8

My local Disc Jockey just got the Longbowman, Catapult, and Destiny in... Think I might pick a few up and give 'em some tosses. See how the TP/VIP pan out.

Just wish they has released this in TP like they did with thr Destiny and Catapult. I do like VIP, just prefer TP. Plus TPbreaks in quicker yet holds the 'sweet spot' forever and a day.

JCass: you know Im getting a Tyrant or 3 whenever they come out...I'll make sure to test these against each other, but I get a feeling that the Tyrant will be more OS.

This disc has me quite intrigued. I don't think I will pick one up as they seem very similar in terms of initial flight numbers to the Tyrant, however.

I'd be seriously concerned if that rim was a 1.7 instead of 1.8

There's no way this disc trumps the Tyrant.

I grabbed one in Metalflake hoping it will be a little more OS than typical VIP. We'll see once this damn snow clears! Three more inches when I got up this morning! :wall:

Yup, I saw some TP versions in our local store and will probably give a try as well later on. For now, though, I will go with two VIPs, 170g and 172g. I even got few hours of field practice in today and have some idea on how it flies.

If I had to pick another disc to compare it to, it would be the 2nd run FD. They feel similar and fly almost the same, at least as far as I can remember (haven't thrown the FD in over a year).

So the Longbowman is a bit slower than the Culverin, definitely more OS than Saint Pro, less OS than Felon/Spark and quite possibly a touch more OS than the Culverin. It held the straight line for a decently long time before a solid fade. I could see a TP beating into a really nice Teebird-esque workhorse in no time.

I think that there would be room in a bag to carry Felon, Culverin and Longbowman without too much overlap.

Yup, I saw some TP versions in our local store and will probably give a try as well later on. For now, though, I will go with two VIPs, 170g and 172g. I even got few hours of field practice in today and have some idea on how it flies.

If I had to pick another disc to compare it to, it would be the 2nd run FD. They feel similar and fly almost the same, at least as far as I can remember (haven't thrown the FD in over a year).

So the Longbowman is a bit slower than the Culverin, definitely more OS than Saint Pro, less OS than Felon/Spark and quite possibly a touch more OS than the Culverin. It held the straight line for a decently long time before a solid fade. I could see a TP beating into a really nice Teebird-esque workhorse in no time.

I think that there would be room in a bag to carry Felon, Culverin and Longbowman without too much overlap.

Do you mean PD, in stead of FD?
I dont know much about FDs , but I thought they were understable.

That aside, I like the sounds of this.
The culverin rim is a touch wider than I usually throw.
So if this is a little more OS and a little thinner rimmed, I am going to like this.

More input please.
I am looking for something that will slot in between my saint pros and the xxx.

Do you mean PD, in stead of FD?
I dont know much about FDs , but I thought they were understable.

More input please.
I am looking for something that will slot in between my saint pros and the xxx.
I mean specifically the 2nd run FD, which is substantially more OS than any of the other runs. So yes, FD not PD.

I think that the Culverin is more between the StPro and XXX, but stability wise the Longbowman fits in between as well. Just a bit shorter and slower that StPro.

Like I said I don't know much about the fd ;)
Just ordered a pink 172g Longbowman
We shall see how it feels and flys.
The culverin is just a touch wider rimmed than I would like

Got mine today. 168g and 172g. Surprised by how flat these are, but they feel good in the hand for sure. Plan to do some serious field work on these things in the AM.

Similar to a 2nd run FD you say? I'm listening...

Similar to a 2nd run FD you say? I'm listening...
Obviously we would need more feedback, especially from people more familiar with the FD, but for me yes.

I looked up the numbers and even they are pretty close:

DISC MODEL Weight Diameter Height Rim Depth Inside Rim Diameter Rim Thickness Depth/ Diam. Ratio Rim Config. Flexibility
FD - 2nd run 176,0 / 21,2 / 1,8 / 1,1 / 17,5 / 1,8 / 5,2 / 34,75 / 9,53
Longbowman 176,8 / 21,3 / 1,6 / 1,1 / 17,7 / 1,8 / 5,2 / 36,00 / 10,77