• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Westside Swan 2

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I actually like the stamp on this one. The swan looks all innocent, and then BOOM! Skulls! Definitely has some Finnish death metal swagger to it.

Swan 2 has less fade and more glide than the Pure.

^^This is absolutely correct. I have both so it's easy for me to compare.

I did NOT realize that the clutch had a similar shape. I just got one so I'll have to compare those now. It is a much stiffer plastic and not as grippy so I'll have to see how that works out.

Can the swan take some power? Meaning can I drive with it 250' and it stay straight without turning?

First impressions on the Swan 2:

Took my 174 g blue out to the course today, and it felt pretty good. I was able to get clean releases on my putts, but I wasn't sinking too many. I have been retooling my putting, so this probably has more to do with that than the disc.

It definitely flies straight on a putt and falls straight down out of the air. The grip is a little firm and sticky, which is going to take me some time getting used to, as I have been using an Ion for awhile and it is much more slick. To me, it felt like a gummier Yeti Pro in terms of feel. It felt a little higher in profile and more blunt than a Magnet.

I made a couple nice approaches with it, but not drives. On those, I just turned and burned it into the ground. My form isn't great, though, so this may be more attributable to the fact that I don't drive with putters and don't have a feel for how they perform.

All in all, I like the disc, but I need some dedicated putt-only practice with it to really get it down. I think it has potential, but I need more confidence with it.

Can the swan take some power? Meaning can I drive with it 250' and it stay straight without turning?

Unlikely. As soon as it gets drive speed on it, it starts turning. You can hyzer-flip it with some success, but it's really meant for 150ft and closer (in my experience).

I've thrown the Swan 1.0 around 250' with a very shallow hyzerflip, and the 2.0 is noticeably more high speed stable than the 1.0. So yes, it can work on drives quite nicely.

Just got my Swan2's today and I'll have to say they are some of the tackiest putters I've ever felt. They putt real clean and I hope to throw some drives/approach with them before this weekends tournament. Probably won't put them in the bag until after the tourney though. Dont want to try new putters for my first tournament of the year :p

I switched to the Swan2 last year and have been loving them. Good to see it getting a little love. I don't drive with mine. I use it for putts and approaches under 150' or so. Beyond that if I am throwing a putter I use a Grip Pure or the Jokeri if wind is a factor. But I have hit more 100' plus shots with the Swan2 than anything else.

Cool..I've got a couple of gripline pures on the way. I'll do some field work with them and the swan2 and see what kind of flight I get with them. I used wizards for a little over a year and switched to KC aviars a couple of months ago. I'm happy with the aviars, I just like trying new discs :)

Cool..I've got a couple of gripline pures on the way. I'll do some field work with them and the swan2 and see what kind of flight I get with them. I used wizards for a little over a year and switched to KC aviars a couple of months ago. I'm happy with the aviars, I just like trying new discs :)

Grip Pures are nice for driving. I used Zero lines as putters for a while, but when I switched to a push putt they gave me problems. Since I've been using the swan 2 for putts, my percentages have increased dramatically.

Just picked up a Swan 2 last weekend, and I like it enough already that I ordered 2 more. The grip is fantastic and it glides really straight without hardly any fade.

Anyone else still putting with the Swan II? Booter called it low profile, but I think it's rather deep. I think it's Wizard-like, except the Swan has less of a bead. Definitely the straightest flying disc I own. Any one of my six can go 250 feet without fading at all.

Definitely lower profile than a wizard and no bead. I would say real similar to a clutch/magnet type beveled lower half but again lower profile than either if those 2. Nice disc but not a fan of the Eco2 plastic. Too soft for my liking.

Yeah, I guess the Swan's rim depth is 1.4cm and the Wizard's is 1.8cm. They feel similarly deep the me, which is why I've been considering finding an ultra low profile putter (I liked the feel of a Zone, but it's very overstable and that scares me :D ).

Agreed on the ECO1 plastic. The two Swans that I've driven directly into trees a few times are slightly warped.

ECO1 made me stop throwing Swans. It wasn't the durability, it was the dust that filled every pore and made the grippy into slippy..

Tried to switch to Pures for putting as well as approaches and putter drives, but I had to go back to the Swan. It is less stable and fit me better than the Pure on short up shots and putts. Still using Pures for many approaches and putter drives.

I have 7 Swans, and am on the fence whether I should grab a few more now, or roll the dice. I like good bench depth. I can always give them to neighborhood kids if I give up on them.

Yeah, I guess the Swan's rim depth is 1.4cm and the Wizard's is 1.8cm. They feel similarly deep the me, which is why I've been considering finding an ultra low profile putter (I liked the feel of a Zone, but it's very overstable and that scares me :D ).

Agreed on the ECO1 plastic. The two Swans that I've driven directly into trees a few times are slightly warped.

If you liked the feel of the zone, maybe you should try beating up a D zone and putting with it.

@sloppydisc - A dude just listed 3 in the marketplace if you wanna feed tha habit!!