• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Warship

Is there a consensus on weight and plastics for the warship?
Entertaining the idea of replacing my ibexes. I already have a tursas so I don't need a turn over.
Just one to hold what ever line and another to flatten out of an anny without actually flexing or fading out.

You are looking for a heavier VIP to hold the line.

Yep. For such a glidey disc it has pretty good line holding abilities. Control usually gets a little iffy on low power/high glide discs but this one does surprisingly well.

That is exactly why I bag 3. They probably gets half my drives off the tee on shorter courses.

Quite controllable and lots of glide to make up for these old shoulders.

The warship makes me want to try a hatchet.

Not sure what correlation there is between Warship and Hatchet, but yes you should absolutely try a Hatchet. Especially if you ever play in the woods.

Not sure what correlation there is between Warship and Hatchet, but yes you should absolutely try a Hatchet. Especially if you ever play in the woods.

High glide and not really all that OS. Same flavor, more speed.

So 175-180 VIP warship for holding lines?
The main thing I like about the ibex is that when it holds an anny to the ground it doesn't roll. Does the warship do this?

So 175-180 VIP warship for holding lines?
The main thing I like about the ibex is that when it holds an anny to the ground it doesn't roll. Does the warship do this?

I have never had a Warship roll on me unintentionally, they usually land flat.

That being said, a heavy VIP will typically fight out of an anny as it slows.

If you want it to hold the anny to the ground you will want to beat in the VIP quite a bit or better yet look at a lighter TP for that shot.

I got to rip my 173 VIP warship today.
When thrown flat it turns and glides for days and fades. Flattens out of an anny and rides that direction for alittle bit before fading. Looking forward to beating this one in.

Nice! A VIP Warship is a thing of beauty. Valuable in different stages of wear.

I've got a small stack going and honestly never play any more without 2 or 3 in the bag. They handle so many shots for me.

When thrown flat it turns and glides for days and fades. Flattens out of an anny and rides that direction for alittle bit before fading. Looking forward to beating this one in.

Nice! And if you don't have a (slightly) OS midrange, I highly recommend the Pine. When beat-in, it behaves like a fresh VIP Warship only much better in the wind...

Nice! And if you don't have a (slightly) OS midrange, I highly recommend the Pine. When beat-in, it behaves like a fresh VIP Warship only much better in the wind...

Agree - perhaps not quite as long, but it fills a notch between the Warship and the Bard for me.

How far are you throwing the warship? I bought one awhile back after reading the hype. For me, it isn't any different from other midranges. Mine doesn't glide for days. Is everyone in here a pro?

Mentioned my warship in another thread and realized I had never put my comments on it here.

When I first picked up my warship (Lucid domey) I bagged it for a bit but I never really clicked with it. I was thinking of it as a mid and my mids are pretty locked in (Warrant/Truth/Emac Truth/Verdict) so never threw it much.

About a year ago I decided to give it another try but to treat it differently. To start off with, I placed it in my bag on the other side of the divider that separates my mids/putters from my FD/drivers. Yes, this didn't really change the way it flew but the point was I wanted to start thinking differently about when to throw it.

For my fairway drivers, I tend to lean on hyzerflipping rivers/saints which I love doing for a lot of shots. I pair these up with a stable lineup of Saint Pro's, a metal flake convict (crazy stable for a convict) and a felon.

The Warship wound up fitting in with my fairway drivers as a dead straight, soft finishing disc that gets out there with my rivers but I don't run the risk of them getting away from me to the right or crazy long. I throw them at about 80-90 percent power usually dead flat and can adjust their flight with nose angle somewhat reliably. Slightly nose up if I need an even softer left finish or flat and nose down for super straight penetrating flight.