• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What are some good suggestions for a Stable Speed 9 or 10 Driver?

Uncle Matt

Banned
I'm looking at trying some new stuff out. I have A Saint and a Freak for starters.

The reason I'm asking for some good suggestions is because I feel like the Freak may be too overstable for me. I won't get into a story about why,but it's just starting to feel that way the more I throw one(thrown on and off for 2 years).

What are some good suggestions for a nice stable speed 9 or 10 driver?

Nothing over speed 10 please,just trying to match my arm speed.

For reference. I average 370ft with my Freaks(PD).

i loved my light (162-164g) SOLF, definitely had more turn than my SPD, sorta like a fresh PPD, but from what i read the 1.1's had more turn than later runs. i know a few places that have STACKS of 1.1's, but they are not "tried and true" disc golf retail outlets. they get passed over because nobody that wanders into those stores has a clue about millenium. i feel the OLF is more comfortable in hand as well.

OrionLF. PD is to TB as OLF is to Eagle.

Edit: uses the Firebird bottom just like a PD so it'll feel very similar in the hand.

and you can get OLF's in a range of plastic similar to PD's, with millenium plastic that beats up fast for understable, sirius=star and quantum=champ and more OS.

the only reason i stopped throwing OLF's is because i was afraid of all the stories of variance. i don't have a ton of money to throw around and don't want to try a bunch of runs. so i got a PD instead, and i DO love it but i can't help but pine for my SOLF every once in a while. :)

MVP Volt. Get a Proton for more stability, and a Neutron for line shaping.

If you like the PD you may like the TD. Its less stable than the PD, its more stable than a sidewinder.

The Escape is my favorite disc. But I have to disagree with all of the teebird comps. My Escapes tend to fly dead straight but with very little fade. Bullet lines. My birds had hard fades and some turn. The escape def is faster as well. It's rated speed nine but I'd say it's more like a ten.

A seasoned Star Orc will be long, straight workhorse.

The Saint I have has a decent amount of fade.