• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] What are some low HSS, high LSS shot-shaping monsters?

hisdudeness47

Birdie Member
Flippy at high speeds and OS at low speeds. S curve monsters. This is such a unique shot shape that I've recently discovered that I had already in the Legacy Nemesis, a disc I hadn't thrown since I was a beginner. The numbers are 10 6 -4 2 but my honey bee pinnacle flies like a 10 6 -2 2 and my legend flies more like 10 6 -3 2. They are not too flippy and even perform adequately in the wind. Flat profile helps. I also play from 4500 to 6500 ft so that probably helps as well. Anyway, they are amazing.

My game has been transformed by this disc and I need more discs like it stat!

Looking for any molds/runs of molds out there with this capability.

Last edited:
Sapphire. Will turn fairly easily at high speed, but not at low speed.

Katana as well, if you want something that fast. Easy initial turn, but a little dumpy at low speed.

Scorpion haha. Don't know what the numbers are but it's hard to range with the glide and potential turn or the hard fade. Not the most reliable that way. Probably 5 4 -2 2. If you pop that nose up though it fades and pans hard and deep.

The Chameleon is the top of this list for me. A lot of the discs mentioned like the eagle X you can make turn, but the chameleon will do it on its own and still flex back whether thrown flat or anny for a more prolonged turn. Turn and Fade numbers I would give around -1.5, 2 in armor and -1, 2.5 in nylon.

Flippy at high speeds and OS at low speeds. S curve monsters. This is such a unique shot shape that I've recently discovered that I had already in the Legacy Nemesis, a disc I hadn't thrown since I was a beginner. The numbers are 10 6 -4 2 but my honey bee pinnacle flies like a 10 6 -2 2 and my legend flies more like 10 6 -3 2. They are not too flippy and even perform adequately in the wind. Flat profile helps. I also play from 4500 to 6500 ft so that probably helps as well. Anyway, they are amazing.

My game has been transformed by this disc and I need more discs like it stat!

Looking for any molds/runs of molds out there with this capability.

I also throw a Nemesis in Honey Bee and would describe its performance just as you have. I carry a Z Thrasher as well that gives me more left to right movement and a little more distance, but is less reliable in the wind. For more understable duties and even better distance I throw the Clash Wild Honey.

You are looking for a Star Eagle X in a lower weight (168ish).

Agree. Eagle-X is such a fun disc. 167-9 is my preferred driver weight and Eagles in there do different things (for my arm) than the max weight ones that are beefier.

I've always wished I could find a mid that gave that hard S-curve. I know the physics of discs argue against this being a thing, but maybe someone will crack the code so I can quit flexing OS mids for this shot.

Agree. Eagle-X is such a fun disc. 167-9 is my preferred driver weight and Eagles in there do different things (for my arm) than the max weight ones that are beefier.

I've always wished I could find a mid that gave that hard S-curve. I know the physics of discs argue against this being a thing, but maybe someone will crack the code so I can quit flexing OS mids for this shot.

Check out the Reptilian Iguana (formerly the Black Zombie Crossbow). Essentially the mid version of the Reptilian Chameleon described above, flight-wise.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142402

Last edited:
I'll agree to the prior Chameleon recommendation.

It's a flex shot machine.

The new run of Tar Pit have an awesome bit of turn before they fade.

I smashed mine on a hard flat line yesterday, got a solid - 1.5 turn then it faded HARD. Finishing on a near vertical hyzer angle.

Great disc for manipulating fade and turn while never getting squirelly or difficult to range.

I love this mold. It actually turns which I've never found a good reliable Eagle do off the shelf.

I'll agree to the prior Chameleon recommendation.

It's a flex shot machine.

The new run of Tar Pit have an awesome bit of turn before they fade.

I smashed mine on a hard flat line yesterday, got a solid - 1.5 turn then it faded HARD. Finishing on a near vertical hyzer angle.

Great disc for manipulating fade and turn while never getting squirelly or difficult to range.

I love this mold. It actually turns which I've never found a good reliable Eagle do off the shelf.

Excuse me, sir, did you say tar pit chameleons?