• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Are The Most Brutal Courses?

Mt. Airy in Cincinnati
Idlewild in Burlington, KY
Sycamore Trails in Dayton, OH

Hit me up if you feel like traveling to Dayton, I live here and we have a whole **** ton of good courses.

Mt. Airy in Cincinnati
Idlewild in Burlington, KY
Sycamore Trails in Dayton, OH

Hit me up if you feel like traveling to Dayton, I live here and we have a whole **** ton of good courses.

Mt Airy is not brutal at all...its wide open and very forgiving of errant throws in most places.

Pickerington DGC

Have you gotten out to Pickerington yet? I'll tell you it's easy if you're a precision driver and can bomb it. The course really favors long accurate drives. I just got back from the course today and there is one thing you should know; if you throw one and it's going towards the trees, you better start boleggin' after it, because the rough is NASTY, and that is the last thing you want to spend your day crawling around in trees with 4-inch long thorns.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3918

I never played it, but I heard Timberridge, MI was a heck of a walk. I would have to say a very Brutal course would be Fallusburg, (Lowell,MI) ; Oshtemo, MI, and Meyer Broadway's(Three Rivers, MI).

Fallusburg is just a nightmare as far as difficulty...I heard they finally got tee pads, which would be helpful for a course that is not only difficult....it is nearly UNFAIR :(

The Beast up in Ludington is no joke either as far as a technical course....with nasty winds most of the time

It's(the beast's) cousin Leviathon from the longs is truly a PRO designed course....legitimate par fours

Last edited:
Wooded/Elevation Brutal = Winter Park in Kewaunee, WI...talkin' all 27 from the blue tees, although I'm sure the gold tees are even brutalerer.
Open/Elevation Brutal = Granite Ridge in Highbridge, WI...probably a lot who would disagree with this, and maybe I even disagree that it's ass-kicking brutal since the overall Highbridge experience is a nice candy-coating, but the uphill holes, giant OB water on a few holes, and length make this course noteworthy. Once The Bear is done, I'm sure that'll be THE MOST brutal course anyone's played.

Yeah. I heard its ridiculous. 15 min away from my house, but I've never gone due to all the negative feedback and the amount of quality courses in proximity. Plus I'm not a big fan of middle aged male prostitution.
I played there last summer with Donovan and we did not see any funny business going on. It is probably the hardest course I have yet to play. I felt good to shoot +9 and my brother and Big D were both + 20 something.

It's maybe not a course you want to play every day but I enjoyed my round there and would go back.

do you want brutal as in physically exhausting, most difficult, or nastiest thorns and rough?

Most difficult shots. Skateboarders don't find walking around DG parks exhausting ;)

Thanks to everyone for making this thread as long as it is. I've added a lot of courses to my need to play list. Now I just need to get out there :)

Blue Valley in KC Missouri.
12000', hyzer bomb after hyzer bomb up and over hills. Mostly because is stupidly long and repetitive.

gateway park west in fort worth. 'nough said :thmbup:

Harder than Manor????

What about Rockwall? I know it is easier than Manor and the Gold course in Ingleside.

The hardest trek on a course was Snow Bowl in Flagstaff and even us youngsters were feeling pretty tired after the round.

Nockamixon State Park

Nockamixon is killer. I live in Eastern PA and it is far and away my favorite course. Is it very challenging and lushly beautiful. I would highly recommend making the trip. Also, I would wager the course is at least as difficult as any you have played.

Tips on Nocky:
1. Bring PLENTY of water. If it's hot out, bring 2x PLENTY. No joke. I have dehydrated myself on this course with 3 full liters of starting supply.

2. If you can, wear long hiking pants. Much of the rough is really rough, and there's a better than good chance you will need to go into it to retrieve your discs.

3. This is a long and grueling course. It takes me 2.5 to 3 hours to complete with a group of 3.

4. Prepare for a great time! I routinely finish 30 over par here, and frequently I notch an eight or two. The terrain is so beautiful, the atmosphere so serene, and the golf so challenging that my score doesn't seem to have an effect on me.

If you do come out and are looking to make a weekend of it, about 30 minutes north of Nockamixon you will find Blue Mountain's Skyline Park. It's 5 bucks to play, but it's as challenging as you are likely to find anywhere.

I know This course isnt that bruTal But it Likes To Tree Rob ME all the time .....

Goldenrod DiscGolf Course ...Located In Davison mIchigan ....

Latest posts