• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What backpack bag should I get?

Edit: The C15 holds 14 discs total. 12 in the main compartment and 2 in the putter pocket

I can fit 17 pretty easily in my Grip Mini

14 is what Grip suggests on their website, but I agree you can easily fit more. Especially if you don't throw many mids.

http://store.grip-eq.com/Grip-C14-Agile-Bag/

"Efficient Play™ 16 Disc Capacity
(14 favorite disc main compartment, 2 putter Quiver Pocket)"

^grip claims 16 disc capacity. but in my experience in the main compartment 12 is usually the case. the top putter quiver is where the C14 has a lot of space, you can put 3-4 discs up there. But I've gotten 16-17 disc total in my grip c14 regularly.

Last edited:
I got the Shift a month ago as an upgrade to my Crunchbox. I don't usually carry more than 12, but wanted something with the capacity for more if I wanted it. What I love about the Shift is it fits 8-10 well for quick rounds (nothing in the sides) and is very light in those situations. But I can also get over 20 in the Shift by utilizing the bottom compartment when I want to practice with a lot of discs. The vertical storage is really great for comfort on your back and for not bending over so far with the most used discs on top.

I had checked out a small Grip at a local shop, and it looked pretty compact, smaller than the Shift, but it felt a little heavier. For 50$ more, it also had less storage for discs and other things. The quality was nice, but I wouldn't say it is better than the Shift in that regard.

I would definitely recommend the Shift over other backpack bags I've seen.

What'd I miss?

I messed up being a smart ass and didn't put a full comment on my first reply about how ridiculous large the Lat 64 Luxury bag is when the OP carries limited stuff. Then coupe had to try to be "right". No big deal though as the OP understood where I was coming from.

And, for the record, I carry 15-16 discs in my Ergo 2 for rounds. I have carried 26 in it though for field work.

Wow, some great comments so far!

As of right now, these are the bags I am leaning towards (with comments):

Grip C - Seems like a really well made bag and from people I know that have had grip bags they have been overly satisfied with what they have. The only problem I face with this bag is I'm scared my current, or future, lineup will not fit. I do carry a minimal lineup and probably don't plan on carrying more than I have but for the amount of $$$ I would spend on this bag I want to make sure that it will last the 'lifetime warranty'.

Grip B - Same as Grip C15 but I don't want to have to spend the extra $$$ if I don't have to.

Shift - Still not crazy about how the bag looks, just seems unconventional. Honestly, the way the bag looks just doesn't have me feeling confident in my purchase and I would rather spring and spend more $$$ on a bag that I know will work. This is all just an opinion and I have never seen a Shift bag but like I said something about it just feels 'off'.

Not sure if you're on a tight budget or not, but the Fossa Tana is an excellent choice if you are. Got one recently and liking it so far.

Grip B is an excellent choice. Plenty of storage. 16-18 discs comfortably. I had a Shift. Twice. But the B is what I wanted the Shift to be. It's not the same as a C. Not at all.

Not sure if you're on a tight budget or not, but the Fossa Tana is an excellent choice if you are. Got one recently and liking it so far.

The bag looks like its made of quality materials but why would they ruin a great looking bag by putting an ugly raccoon on the front of it?!?

When you tuck in the front flap for play you can't see the fossa anyway. The Tana is definitely a good bag to get if you don't want to spend a lot of money, but it has a lot more capacity than you were looking for. I have 25 discs in mine right now.

After way to much thought and watching way too many bag reviews on YouTube I think I'm going to go with the UPD Shift bag. I think it will work perfect for what I'm looking for. Thanks for all the input from everyone. I will post pictures and a review when I get it.

After way to much thought and watching way too many bag reviews on YouTube I think I'm going to go with the UPD Shift bag. I think it will work perfect for what I'm looking for. Thanks for all the input from everyone. I will post pictures and a review when I get it.

Good choice. :hfive:

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

I think you'll be pleased, but I'm a little biased. :)

Looking forward to your review.

Awesome, let us know how it works for you. It's a really great design and very comfortable

I got my bag in the mail yesterday. I'm itching to get out on the course and use it now. Here's the pic I promised.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 85
I got my bag in the mail yesterday. I'm itching to get out on the course and use it now. Here's the pic I promised.

Excellent choice both in bag and in color. What do you think of the quality and comfort? I was very impressed with my v1 Rebel when I got it.

Quality and comfort are amazing. The functionality of the bag I have yet to test. I haven't gotten a chance to play a round with it yet but I am excited to see how it goes.