• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What disc from your bag would you throw at an Ace Race?

I have been throwing my GL 170 river really really well lately so, that if holes are 250+ and my opto pure under 250.....

Depending on the layout, I would use either a buzzz or a challenger. Probably would end up with the challenger due to the extreme short layout.

236_wizard_animated_.gif

^

Champ Roc or GL Core.

So almost everyone would prefer a putter or a midrange. I don't think a driver is a very good choice for the short layout. The disc this year, IMO is a speed 6 fairway driver. The only thing I could possibly see Discraft using for the Ace Race next year would be an overstable putter. That would be the perfect thing for an Ace Race. They currently don't have anything that compares to the Rhyno or Pig. The Zone is the closest, but is more of a mid.

So almost everyone would prefer a putter or a midrange. I don't think a driver is a very good choice for the short layout. The disc this year, IMO is a speed 6 fairway driver. The only thing I could possibly see Discraft using for the Ace Race next year would be an overstable putter. That would be the perfect thing for an Ace Race. They currently don't have anything that compares to the Rhyno or Pig. The Zone is the closest, but is more of a mid.

Discraft has the Ringer (Rhyno alternative) and the Zone already. The Pig has a rim width of 1.4 cm, which makes it a tweener much like the Zone, which sits at 1.2 cm.

I do think the Ace Race disc this year was kind of bunk though. Another overstable putter would be fine, but it's not really a whole in the lineup.

Discraft has the Ringer (Rhyno alternative) and the Zone already. The Pig has a rim width of 1.4 cm, which makes it a tweener much like the Zone, which sits at 1.2 cm.

I do think the Ace Race disc this year was kind of bunk though. Another overstable putter would be fine, but it's not really a whole in the lineup.

I forgot about the Ringer. I've never seen one, let alone known of anybody that throws them. A Pig actually feels like a putter. Maybe Discraft is just running out of ideas for Ace Race worthy discs.