• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] What do you bag which is REALLY underrated?

Discraft Flash rotates in and out of my bag. It's been around and discussed forever, but never more than a couple pages of discussion before it dies out.

The ESP's are fantastic straight-ish Speed 11 distance drivers. I see a lot of Wraith love but for me, a good Flash was a better flyer than a Wraith. The tricky part was always finding a good Flash. You could find flippy ones or monster overstable ones, in addition to the nice straight flyers.

Surge thoughts? I used to throw them religiously, eventually that faded.

Never trusted the Flash because like you said they're all over the map. Dare I say they're second in line behind the Groove for most variation in one mold?

Dynamic Discs Maverick is a hyzer flip and long turnover machine. I used to bag a base plastic, but it went flippy. Recently returned to a Fusion. Wow.

I actually found the Scepter and Raptor to be very similar. Good glide nicely stable, what would you say was different about them for you?

I agree but I found the scepter to be flatter and feels better for my forehand. I love the raptor for backhands not so much forehands. Scepter can do both well.

Agree

MVP Particle. Great approach disc for me, probably vastly overshadowed by the Envy.

I got the Particle as a mystery disc. Turned out to be perfect for throwing on short holes which require straight shots with a reliable but small fade at the end. I've birdied the same hole (#5 Airport Lakes) about six times out of the last ten thanks to the Particle.

I got the Particle as a mystery disc. Turned out to be perfect for throwing on short holes which require straight shots with a reliable but small fade at the end. I've birdied the same hole (#5 Airport Lakes) about six times out of the last ten thanks to the Particle.

that aint a great percentage

I have a PFN Champ Viking that's been in my bag for about decade. It's my go-to for straight shots for the entire flight or just a smidge of turnover. I can usually get it out further than my distance drivers because it barely fades. It just keeps going forward the whole time.

Never trusted the Flash because like you said they're all over the map. Dare I say they're second in line behind the Groove for most variation in one mold?

I think an ESP Surge and a "good" ESP Flash have very, very similar flights. The wing shape is pretty different though. If you prefer throwing deeper/taller discs the Flash might feel better. Technically they are the same height/depth but the Surge feels lower profile to me.

Surges are great. I always thought they flew like slightly less stable, glidier Wraiths. Surges are good workhorse drivers when you aren't quite looking for Nuke speed.

I liked the Flash about 15 years ago. When it came out it was like a flippier Orc. Flashes are touchy/inconsistent, but would smash if thrown on hyzerflips.

The Flash simply got obsoleted by longer/faster discs, but at the time it was probably the longest driver on the market.

Surge: 11, 5, -2, 2
Flash: 10, 4, -3, 2

Flash is flippier and doesn't quite glide as well as the Surge. Flashes tend to be flat. Surges have Dome. I thought the Flash was more like a Beast than anything else.

Last edited:
Warrant for me. Surprisingly workable for a flippy disc and a good compliment to the Emac Truth I bag.

Surges are great. I always thought they flew like slightly less stable, glidier Wraiths. Surges are good workhorse drivers when you aren't quite looking for Nuke speed.

I liked the Flash about 15 years ago. When it came out it was like a flippier Orc. Flashes are touchy/inconsistent, but would smash if thrown on hyzerflips.

The Flash simply got obsoleted by longer/faster discs, but at the time it was probably the longest driver on the market.

Surge: 11, 5, -2, 2
Flash: 10, 4, -3, 2

Flash is flippier and doesn't quite glide as well as the Surge. Flashes tend to be flat. Surges have Dome. I thought the Flash was more like a Beast than anything else.
I think you're using the Surge SS flight numbers there, the 22mm rim Surge is 11/5/-1/3 and most places list the 21mm rim Surge SS as 11/5/-2/2 but I tend to find that the Max weight Z SS is closer to 11/5/-1/2, like a nicely beat in champ Wraith.

Surge SS is my magic maker, I'd love for more people to bag em so DC keeps making em, but I think they're gonna be on the chopping block for OOP which makes me sad. Wish they made more of the "SS" line like the Surge/Surge SS where the SS is just a beat in version and not really an entirely different disc like the Nuke/Nuke SS or Crank/Crank SS.

Definitely my Essence in Neo plastic. It feels great and so easy to throw.

Attachments

• 039DEDFF-AD27-4FF9-BB9B-D1D78F0E03E5.jpg
    039DEDFF-AD27-4FF9-BB9B-D1D78F0E03E5.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 13
Daredevil Ogopogo. This enigmatic disc is as magical as a unicorn or the mythical beast that shares its name. Think firebird made out of #2 pencil eraser. Can perform tricks almost like an aerobie epic but stick landings like a blowfly or ssss wizard.

I think you're using the Surge SS flight numbers there, the 22mm rim Surge is 11/5/-1/3 and most places list the 21mm rim Surge SS as 11/5/-2/2 but I tend to find that the Max weight Z SS is closer to 11/5/-1/2, like a nicely beat in champ Wraith.

Surge SS is my magic maker, I'd love for more people to bag em so DC keeps making em, but I think they're gonna be on the chopping block for OOP which makes me sad. Wish they made more of the "SS" line like the Surge/Surge SS where the SS is just a beat in version and not really an entirely different disc like the Nuke/Nuke SS or Crank/Crank SS.

have a lot of love for the surge ss as well. The DGA rogue is very similar so if they get chopped that could be a back up for you. I am hoping since Paige is bagging one them will get more popular

Didn't read the whole thread and a search was useless, but I nominate the Lat64 Claymore. Best, most consistent, most forgiving forehand roller, get out jail free disc ever. If you throw forehand rollers as escape shots in the woods and you haven't thrown the Claymore.... what are you waiting on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recently started bagging the Neo and Exo Hard Method and have been loving them. I haven't seen many other players bagging them but they fly great.

Latest posts