• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What do you use for driving putters?

Berg for SHORT putter drives (usually under 200', some sidearm and other conditions up to 250')

K1 or K3 reko for up to 325ish.

Moonshine Pure for straight shots and turnovers

Shield for a touch more stability

and Harp for Hyzer lines/FHs

Jokeri up to 250' when i need a fade. DX Rhyno up to 200' when i need some beef. Prime judge for straight off the tee shots (200-225). Soft focus (@165) for turnovers up to 200'. I would be lost without the focus. I love par 4's that require the focus upshot.

Now i throw Ultrium Sparta by Prodiscus. Death straight and quite long for putter. This teaches you to throw putter right.

TI Zone for Hyzer shots.
Beat in Z FLX Zone for straighter stuff.

I throw two BT Hard Harps and four SS flex chalky or eraser wizards across various states of wear.

I used to bag polecats but I recently dropped them as I was loosing strokes trying to do dumb trick/hero shots with them.

KC Aviar x2 - Putting
(Beat) KC Aviar - Understable
XT Nova - Straight
Color Glow Champion BB Aviar - Overstable

Depending on the course/wind I'll put a Pig in my bag. I like the Pig for forehand shots.

P Line P2, Color Glow Aviar3, and Star AviarX3. In the woods I pretty much only throw these if it's under 250 and not a forehand, but I can get them all out to 300-320 in the open. I like to power down on mids with more control when I'm in the woods.

KC Aviar x2 - Putting
(Beat) KC Aviar - Understable
XT Nova - Straight
Color Glow Champion BB Aviar - Overstable

Depending on the course/wind I'll put a Pig in my bag. I like the Pig for forehand shots.

There was a guy who played valley view with just a pig, and did pretty well.

Wardens and Harps. Warden for putts and straight stuff/ hyzer-flips. Harp for wind and stuff that needs to finish hard.

My first putter I really liked was an Ion in hard plastic. I would throw that straight as an arrow for around 250 ft. I ended up losing it and picking up another one in soft plastic. Can't stand the soft plastic. Doesn't feel right and warps to distort flight pattern.

I now use an Aviar, works great for me as a putter but I have trouble on the distance throws.

I love throwing putters.

Currently carrying Proxy, Particle and Jokeri.

The Envy may be taking its spot back from the particle. I also drove Pures for years but the Axiom putters kicked them out of the bag. My other favorties are Sinus and Shield. The Berg is also fun.

I recently fell in love with a pro Challenger. For me it is the most overstable putter that still flies like a putter. It's perfect for straight and slight angle 300ish holes. I throw BT hard Harps when I need more stability or angle retention and for max distance or turnovers I like to throw pro P2s.

What is a Pro Challenger? And what is a Pro P2?

Only putter I consistently drive is an ESP zone. Sometimes an SS Wizard